06-13-2011 09:46 PM
187 123 ...
tools
    Anyone get this yet, if so is there any noticable improvements?
    06-08-2011 09:12 PM
    It must be the hot spot fix.
    06-08-2011 09:34 PM
    there is not a hole lot if info on it's so called benifits. Will the charge be getting 2.2.2 or 2.2.3 or 2.3 anytime soone.
    06-08-2011 10:07 PM
    Did you receive a notification about the update, or manually search for it?
    06-08-2011 11:10 PM
    I found a description of what all the ee4 update includes, moderately significant if you ask me.

http://support.vzw.com/system_update/charge.html

Sent from Droid Charge using Tapatalk
    06-08-2011 11:51 PM
    Sounds pretty substantial to me, especially the improved browser performance.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    06-09-2011 12:35 AM
    I'm not getting the update yet for some reason, even when I go into system updates within settings it says my phone is up to date although I'm on ED2 still, guess it'll get pushed when it gets pushed...
    06-09-2011 12:39 AM
    I'm not getting the update yet for some reason, even when I go into system updates within settings it says my phone is up to date although I'm on ED2 still, guess it'll get pushed when it gets pushed...
    there you go fear , im deodexing now
    1e96b63a1f25.SCH-I510_ED2_update.zip
    06-09-2011 01:38 AM
    there you go fear , im deodexing now
    1e96b63a1f25.SCH-I510_ED2_update.zip
    Lol, thanks man! It finally pushed to my phone.. one thing I noticed right off the bat was the signal strength bars changed slightly, there's 5 bars now and the lines are slightly smaller. And apparantly my signal is stronger according to the bars lol.
    06-09-2011 01:42 AM
    Anyone know if this interferes with the root or a custom ROM?
    06-09-2011 01:46 AM
    im going to build a new altered beast tonight if i can get this deodexed in a timely mannaer

but yeah you need to go back to stock and then update your way to EE4 then flash a rom or kernel
    GramieDroid likes this.
    06-09-2011 01:48 AM
    As for rooting there's always the possibility that an update can cause trouble when trying to root a phone, but in some cases not. Either way I'm positive this update is being looked at by the right people and they are taking the necessary steps to make it rootable asap if it isn't already. As for a custom rom, it won't matter as the rom will replace this build with whatever build the rom is centered upon.
    06-09-2011 01:49 AM
    As for rooting there's always the possibility that an update can cause trouble when trying to root a phone, but in some cases not. Either way I'm positive this update is being looked at by the right people and they are taking the necessary steps to make it rootable asap if it isn't already. As for a custom rom, it won't matter as the rom will replace this build with whatever build the rom is centered upon.
    there is no way to root these newer builds, a custom kernel needs to be installed but fortunatley thats just as easy if not easier then going through the trouble of manually rooting
    06-09-2011 01:51 AM
    there is no way to root these newer builds, a custom kernel needs to be installed but fortunatley thats just as easy if not easier then going through the trouble of manually rooting
    Oh, nice, yeah I agree with you. Looks like I have new things to learn haha! Btw, you were so right about this phone, it's amazing so far!
    06-09-2011 01:55 AM
    Oh, nice, yeah I agree with you. Looks like I have new things to learn haha! Btw, you were so right about this phone, it's amazing so far!
    told you man

im sure that the fascinate may seen this happening soon also where they find and patch all the security holes
    06-09-2011 01:57 AM
    told you man

im sure that the fascinate may seen this happening soon also where they find and patch all the security holes
    Yeah wouldn't doubt it, the fascinate got an update today as well actually.
    06-09-2011 01:59 AM
    I tried loadling this as an update file on my phone via CWM but it starts then gives an error every time.

Any ideas?
    06-09-2011 02:40 AM
    im going to build a new altered beast tonight if i can get this deodexed in a timely mannaer

but yeah you need to go back to stock and then update your way to EE4 then flash a rom or kernel
    woot. Can't wait to odin/flash it

06-09-2011 02:41 AM
    I tried loadling this as an update file on my phone via CWM but it starts then gives an error every time.

Any ideas?
    you need to return to stock , update to ED2 then put that file on your SD card rename it update then boot into stock recovery and apply update.zip

woot. Can't wait to odin/flash it

you need to do the update manually or your radio will never update
    06-09-2011 03:07 AM
    So if we are running altered beast we have to return to stock in order to apply this update to then update the radio?
    06-09-2011 03:14 AM
    So if we are running altered beast we have to return to stock in order to apply this update to then update the radio?
    unfortunately there is no other way
    06-09-2011 03:17 AM
    So how do we go back to stock. I'm very new to odin
    06-09-2011 03:18 AM
    So how do we go back to stock. I'm very new to odin
    First you need to disable lagfix
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/char...tml#post961988

then you need to flash the downgrade odin package
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/char...1-05-18-a.html

then you simply just keep updating
    06-09-2011 03:54 AM
    So if I'm understanding correctly, this update is really only usable for stock users, as custom ROMs (as of right now) will just revert the entire phone back to a pre-EE4 build?

Forgive me for being a novice here. I've been 3 years on iOS. How it worked there is if there was a new FW update by Apple and you were jailbroken, you simply never installed the official release. You had to wait until developers made their own custom version of that latest firmware and installed that. It sounds like that is the case here?
    06-09-2011 03:57 AM
    So if I'm understanding correctly, this update is really only usable for stock users, as custom ROMs (as of right now) will just revert the entire phone back to a pre-EE4 build?

Forgive me for being a novice here. I've been 3 years on iOS. How it worked there is if there was a new FW update by Apple and you were jailbroken, you simply never installed the official release. You had to wait until developers made their own custom version of that latest firmware and installed that. It sounds like that is the case here?
    we already have it rooted and already have what we need to build custom roms im just having a little problem with my sdcards i dont know if it was the update that is making the card write protected or what ...it could just be my phone lets hope thats the case for everyone.. not so much for me though lol
    06-09-2011 04:00 AM
187 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD