Oh I'm so disgusted with Verizon!! I started to have a bad issue in 3G only areas where I can't get reliable internet service at all in 3G. So Tech support told me to do a master reset so I did. As soon as the reset was done a second download EE4 loaded without asking permissions. So I test my hot spot and its once again working so im thinking all is well NOT! Now I go to reload my paid apps and half of them are saying they are no longer compatible with the Charge im like WTF!! So back on the phone to tech support they tell me they will call Samsung and Google to see what is going on. So today the guy calls me back and asks if I could load my apps now that they reset my phone in the system. I say NO he says where can I send your warranty replacement phone?? Again im like WTF is going on here. It appears there is a problem with EE4 this is why its no longer being pushed. So if you get EE4 load it at your own risk!
    06-10-2011 10:56 PM
    Oh I'm so disgusted with Verizon!! I started to have a bad issue in 3G only areas where I can't get reliable internet service at all in 3G. So Tech support told me to do a master reset so I did. As soon as the reset was done a second download EE4 loaded without asking permissions. So I test my hot spot and its once again working so im thinking all is well NOT! Now I go to reload my paid apps and half of them are saying they are no longer compatible with the Charge im like WTF!! So back on the phone to tech support they tell me they will call Samsung and Google to see what is going on. So today the guy calls me back and asks if I could load my apps now that they reset my phone in the system. I say NO he says where can I send your warranty replacement phone?? Again im like WTF is going on here. It appears there is a problem with EE4 this is why its no longer being pushed. So if you get EE4 load it at your own risk!
    I would take the replacement phone - you'll most likely get a new one, since the phone hasn't been around that long. By the way, these things will happen, don't get so worked up. Take a deep breath and relax; it's not the end of the world.
    pauldroidr2d2 likes this.
    06-10-2011 11:28 PM
    Sorry to hear about that. I know issues can and do occur on a phone to phone basis where one phone takes a tweak another gets broken. Still Samsung (while not the only mfg to have this issue) seems to be have an awful lot of issues with their updates. Your replacement will be a refurbished phone, so depending on when you bought it you may very well be within a new replacement window so make sure you are not being sold short by support.
    06-11-2011 09:14 AM
    i updated after your post, with no problems.
    06-11-2011 02:19 PM
    What are some examples of paid apps that are incompatible with the Charge after the EE4 update? I think that's pretty useful information to have for those who haven't decided to update yet.
    tonymontana2367 likes this.
    06-11-2011 02:20 PM
    Yeah bud drop some knowledge on what's not working,
    06-11-2011 11:20 PM
    Off hand one of them is the pay key for Astro File Mgr and another is Onstar Mylink that no longer even shows up in the Market anymore. It will appear on pre updated Charge's however.
    06-12-2011 04:38 PM
    I updated to EE4 with no issues at all. All apps paid/free are there and work with no issues.
    06-12-2011 04:46 PM
    I think it is just your phone and as of the time i am physically posting this reply the EE4 update is still posted on verizons website. My phone is trouble free after the update aswell as many others.

On a side note (NOT DIRECTED AT YOU). One of the main purposes of this forum is to help people in need. Another is to help people who like to tinker to include (rooting, new roms, etc). The problem i have is where these two points meet. A lot of people have issues with there devices and some of these people have probably rooted, or put in custom roms and such and quickly discount that rooting or ROMing there devices is the culpret. Personally i'm on the fence about doing these things to phones. I don't believe that anyone with the exception of the person who designed the firmware has a complete uderstanding of how the software will act outside of how it is delivered to the consumer. Hence why the software comes to us unrooted. people should understand that rooting or ROMing is done at their own risk and they shouldn't cry to verizon or anyone else if they F'up their phones.

My 2 cents
    06-12-2011 06:49 PM
    I think it is just your phone and as of the time i am physically posting this reply the EE4 update is still posted on verizons website. My phone is trouble free after the update aswell as many others.

On a side note (NOT DIRECTED AT YOU). One of the main purposes of this forum is to help people in need. Another is to help people who like to tinker to include (rooting, new roms, etc). The problem i have is where these two points meet. A lot of people have issues with there devices and some of these people have probably rooted, or put in custom roms and such and quickly discount that rooting or ROMing there devices is the culpret. Personally i'm on the fence about doing these things to phones. I don't believe that anyone with the exception of the person who designed the firmware has a complete uderstanding of how the software will act outside of how it is delivered to the consumer. Hence why the software comes to us unrooted. people should understand that rooting or ROMing is done at their own risk and they shouldn't cry to verizon or anyone else if they F'up their phones.

My 2 cents
    I updated my stock Charge to EE4 Sunday afternoon and have not had any issues so far. Browsing seems a little faster. GPS seems to be working fine. So far, so good.
    06-13-2011 12:12 AM

My 2 cents

Very well put!!!

As it turns out, most of the time (not always) the issues are caused by operator error. I can't tell you how many times I talk to a person who says their phone is "jacked up," only to find that in "experimenting" with their phone, they inadvertently changed a setting that rendered it useless. Not sure that's the case for the OP, but who knows.

Just sayin...
    06-14-2011 02:08 PM
    There are Apps that are no longer "Compatible" with the Charge after the EE4 update.

AT Bat 11
    HBO Go

Are the 2 I have loaded on my phone, that are no longer available to download from the market. Either thru the phone or on-line...

So just saying, it might not be an isolated issue....
    06-14-2011 02:57 PM
    06-14-2011 04:02 PM
    But again, this looks like you need to be rooted. Verizon needs to recognize that all of us are not rooted or don't want to be and we need a fix too.
    06-14-2011 04:09 PM
    But again, this looks like you need to be rooted. Verizon needs to recognize that all of us are not rooted or don't want to be and we need a fix too.
    Verizon, Google, Samsung, or the app developers? I'm not sure who implements the phone version check.
    06-14-2011 05:01 PM
    Yes Exactly!
    06-14-2011 05:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD