Gaming?

zeuswsu

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
I bought this phone for my wife and didn't think it would impress me as much as it has. The screen is simply amazing and now I'm thinking of purchasing this phone. The only thing that is keeping me from buying it is the lag when I play some games. Is anyone here a big player of games like Grave Defense, Guns n Glory, Robo Defense, etc? Pretty much tower defense games. Those are really the only types of games I play besides the occasional angry birds and homerun battle 3d. I played Robo defense on my wifes phone and it started lagging which doesn't happen on my older droid incredible.

I'm hoping maybe rooting fixes the lag problem on these type of games. Or maybe the new EE4(I think that's the name) update? Or maybe this phone just isn't that good for gaming? Either way this phone is still really good for most people, just being the tech nerd I am I want to make sure I am able to play these types of games for the next couple of years. They don't seem that graphically demanding, that's why I was surprised with the lag when playing robo defense on my wifes phone...What do you guys think? Should I hold out for something else? Thanks in advance for reading my longer then needed post, but what do you expect on a Friday night (alcohol cough* cough* :D)

BrianTX

Jul 23, 2010
plus.google.com
Voodoo fixes any lag on the phone, the devs for this phone are cranking out amazing things! I play robodefense, and no matter how much is going on, it's as smooth as can be.

zeuswsu

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. My wifes charge just got the ee4 update and games are running really smooth now. Pretty awesome update!

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
The Charge has the most powerful graphic processor unit out of any single core phone period. Nothing comes close stock for stock not even the thunderbolt despite the higher specs on the bolt. Even if you over clock the thunderbolt to 1.8 ghz it still wouldn't be as powerful as a stock Droid Charge ( or any galaxy S phone )

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
The Charge has the most powerful graphic processor unit out of any single core phone period. Nothing comes close stock for stock not even the thunderbolt despite the higher specs on the bolt. Even if you over clock the thunderbolt to 1.8 ghz it still wouldn't be as powerful as a stock Droid Charge ( or any galaxy S phone )
I agree.

zeuswsu

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
Well I bought the phone after reading your posts, thanks for the info. I was considering buying it anyway, but hearing it should do decently well in games was icing on the cake.

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Yup for people who are into numbers, there are 3 main graphic benchmark apps that you can download and see what kind of frames per second your phone gets.

Nenmark1

HTC EVO 4G 12 frames per second
HTC Thunderbolt 25 frames per second overclocked
Samsung Galaxy S Variants 53 frames per second stock!!!!!

Neocore

HTC EVO 4G 25 frames per second
HTC Thunderbolt 55 frames per second ( capped )
Samsung Galaxy S variants 55 frames per second ( capped )

Nenmark 2

HTC EVO 4G 7 frames per second !!!!!
HTC Thunderbolt 17 frames per second
Samsung Galaxy S variants 23 frames per second

Dual Core phones scores

HTC sensation 1.2 ghz dual core snap dragon processor 26 frames per second
LG G2X 1 ghz dual core tegra 2 processor 27 frames per second
Samsung Galaxy S2 1.2 ghz dual core exynos processor 46 frames per second!!!!

The samsung phones will always have the best chips of the generation and htc always has the worst performance.

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
What is the difference between nenamark 1 and 2?

nenamark2 has more lighting and other effects it has to render such as the sun rising and setting. this benchmark breaks most phones. I mean the evo can't even break double digit frame rates even after root and running cm7