My wife and I each just bought Droid Charge phone, leaving the BB world behind. But the both phones seem to be pretty hot, and is noticeably hot when on the phone for a a period of time.

I also need to get used to the battery life, not too long if doing web browsing and some light gaming. Otherwise the 4G is great, and it is light years better than my Storm 1, and better than the Storm 2 which she had. The only other thing the Blackberry has over the Charge is the push email.
    06-12-2011 04:18 PM
    I also have a DC and did you install the EE4 update?

I also installed a different launcher and it helped with the battery life. I am currently using launcher pro.
    06-12-2011 05:31 PM
    My phone was running hot as well- it may be better post EE4 update though- it didn't run nearly as hot last night while heavy on use.
    06-13-2011 09:55 AM
    My phone was fine, until today. I got EE4 2 days ago and things were great. Today I noticed after about 4 hours I was down to 46% so I plugged it in tot he USB port on my work computer and after 2 hours it is rather warm and only charged up to 57%, it used to charge up quickly. I made sure nothing was eating up battery, usually culprit was display, other than that nothing. SO I rebotoed and we'll see what happens. I have 3 days left and whiel I love this phoen battery is a mixed bag. I have been thinking about going to X2 with extended battery since that extended battery only adds 1mm.
    06-13-2011 11:55 AM
    It does run rather hot at times and the battery life is the only drawback to this phone I've seen. (Also coming from a BB.) I found out that if I switch to CDMA mode (3G) then the phone rarely gets hot and the battery life jumps. I only turn on the 4G when I want to download large files/apps. Otherwise, the speed difference isn't functionally different IMO. Also, if you're around a WiFi network at home or at work that uses the least amount of battery power. If I know I'll just stream music or surf the web then the 3G is typically enough. Some people may not like to jump through these hoops but I don't mind. At least now I have the option between 3G, 4G, and WiFi.
    djbango likes this.
    06-13-2011 03:21 PM
    I use the wifi whn home. I love the phone, but my wife who constantly complained about the Storm 2, now says she misses her Blackberry and want to now try an iphone. Once she gets the iphone I'm going to watch as she struggles with the syncing to itunes (she's the one person who has problems with an ipod).

I did the upgrade, but it still get's warm. The only rhing I would like for this phone to have is 2.3
    06-13-2011 04:17 PM
    I find the phone runs hot when it's looking for 3G or 4G signals. You'll find rapidly depleting battery life and running hot are almost synonymous. If it's in a solid 4G area it runs cool and has much better battery life.
    06-13-2011 06:42 PM
    I had a Samsung Fascinate and it ran really hot too; maybe it's got something to do with Samsung phones?
    06-13-2011 11:06 PM
    Mine, even after the EE4 update still gets pretty warm when talking or downloading. Even light web browsing causes it to heat up. But what I can't get over, is that with this phone's 1,600 Mah battery, in a 3G only area, locked to 3G, I get worse battery life than my previous HTC Inspire with a 1230 Mah battery. The screen is supposed to use less power than a conventional LCD as well? I'm lucky if I make it 8 hours with very light use. Yesterday I did make it 9 hours from a full charge to empty (10%) with 1 hour awake time, 58 min screen-on time, no phone calls, and maybe 30 min total of light browsing, no major data transmission. Tried every battery conservation measure I can come up with.

I don't even know what i'd exchange for if I did exchange...I like everything else about the phone (a lot).
    06-14-2011 02:04 AM
    Mine, even after the EE4 update still gets pretty warm when talking or downloading. Even light web browsing causes it to heat up. But what I can't get over, is that with this phone's 1,600 Mah battery, in a 3G only area, locked to 3G, I get worse battery life than my previous HTC Inspire with a 1230 Mah battery. The screen is supposed to use less power than a conventional LCD as well? I'm lucky if I make it 8 hours with very light use. Yesterday I did make it 9 hours from a full charge to empty (10%) with 1 hour awake time, 58 min screen-on time, no phone calls, and maybe 30 min total of light browsing, no major data transmission. Tried every battery conservation measure I can come up with.

I don't even know what i'd exchange for if I did exchange...I like everything else about the phone (a lot).
    I got to agree with you on this. I may return the phone bacause of the battery issue. I used it tops for an hour listening to music and laying blackjack for 15 minutes....the phone is dead. I can't get a full day out of the phone. Coming from a BB that got a full day, and though I thought that battery wasn't the greatest, the charge is making the BB look like a champ
    06-15-2011 10:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD