stuck with old market layout since restore.....

Gravytrain

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I did a system restore and since then Ive been stuck with the old market layout, some app I search for are not showing up, and some do not download.... how can I fix this?? TIA folk

rpitts9999

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Mine did this. What I did was go to Menu and applications find the application Market and clear it's Cache.

Thats all I did . Then go back to the app drawer and open up the Market and it should be the newer version.

NHLou

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue after the install. I downloaded a free app to the phone and everything reappeared.

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Me neither:-\

Go into settings>applications>manage applications then go to the All tab scroll down to Market Clear Data and if available clear Cache... Also if click uninstall updates. Once done close out go back and open the market, it may still show the old one, close out of it wait a moment then open it again and it should be updated to the correct market version. It worked for me as I had the same problem when I first got my phone.

spencer0279

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Go into settings>applications>manage applications then go to the All tab scroll down to Market Clear Data and if available clear Cache... Also if click uninstall updates. Once done close out go back and open the market, it may still show the old one, close out of it wait a moment then open it again and it should be updated to the correct market version. It worked for me as I had the same problem when I first got my phone.

okay, that one worked. thank you :)

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
My new handset is also having this issue. I have the old version of the market. The fix didnt help me at all

Last edited:

pezboy

May 11, 2011
Visit site

Worked for me! Thanks!