I just got this phone yesterday and noticed this seemingly unnecessary app (well after you set it up anyway) is still in use.

If you go into your settings and check which apps are running, is the "Setup Wizard" there? I can't force close it, definitely can't uninstall it, it's taking up ~10 megs of ram and usually eats at least 8% of the CPU at all times. I've seen it fluctuate to 80%, and as high as 150% CPU usage, am I the only one that sees it there?
    06-13-2011 05:36 PM
    Your only recourse would be to root your phone and freeze/disable startup/delete the app.
    06-14-2011 11:17 AM
    I'm not a root kinda guy actually, I'm more curious to see if anyone else's phone is wasting resources with this app that most likely shouldn't be running at all :/
    06-14-2011 01:36 PM
    Mine is using 22.95mb/ram, but it constantly fluctuates in the low 20's...same with CPU usage but usually <50%. Something is making the phone use excessive amounts of battery power, I had thought this could be part of it, but it looks like most people who've frozen apps claim their battery life hasn't jumped all that much.
    06-14-2011 01:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD