Warranty Question

jason821

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
If you purchase the phone from someone through Craigslist does that mean you lose the warranty? When I bought mine, the vzw store manager did the activation and said the warranty would remain intact. He even added Asurion insurance to the line. I didn't think this would be the case.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
If you purchase the phone from someone through Craigslist does that mean you lose the warranty? When I bought mine, the vzw store manager did the activation and said the warranty would remain intact. He even added Asurion insurance to the line. I didn't think this would be the case.

That's correct, Officially the warranty covers the original purchaser only. The manager messed up and it is possible that it would slip through the cracks if you had to file a warranty claim but I am not sure I would bet on it. Assurion requires things like your date of purchase when you file a claim but other than that as long as they get their premiums and deductible I don't think they care.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
yea, i'm not sure about it either. I bought mine from amazon and i was having a problem with my usb cable (the plastic casing the cable is in just started stripping) and they told me i need to go through amazon even though i have an extended warranty

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
yea, i'm not sure about it either. I bought mine from amazon and i was having a problem with my usb cable (the plastic casing the cable is in just started stripping) and they told me i need to go through amazon even though i have an extended warranty

The only thing the warranty covers is the phone itself not any of the accessories. Not even the included ones its up to the retailer to take care of that if it is their policy to do so.

That's why when you get a refurb/CLNR all you get is the phone and (sometimes) a battery door

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL