EE4 update and incompatability issues with apps on the Market

angieutc

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
MAJOR Problem after EE4 Update

Howdy all,

There is a major problem with the update. A lot of apps that could have been downloaded and shown in the App market before are now deemed imcompatible. Trust me, do a example

TMZ
HBO TO GO
MLB ON BAT

Doesn't download. I am very very angry right now. I've tried clearing caches, force stops, battery pulls, factory resets...nothing.

Any insight? ** No I am not rooted and don't plan on it :)

spencer0279

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Howdy all,

There is a major problem with the update. A lot of apps that could have been downloaded and shown in the App market before are now deemed imcompatible. Trust me, do a example

TMZ
HBO TO GO
MLB ON BAT

Doesn't download. I am very very angry right now. I've tried clearing caches, force stops, battery pulls, factory resets...nothing.

Any insight? ** No I am not rooted and don't plan on it :)

try uninstall updates on market in applications. thats what worked for me to fix my market

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I had the same exact issue and they had to replace my phone now it works. I did master resets the whole 9 yards nothing worked. A link to my original post. I spent days on the phone with Tech support nothing worked finally they called Samsung and they told Verizon to replace the handset. Everything loaded just fine on the new phone. I did however load all the non loading apps on the new phone FIRST then once I had everything I wanted I allowed the update and I have no issues now.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...ne-loads-ee4-update-now-i-need-new-phone.html

AND

http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...eplacement-charge-arrives-its-not-refurb.html

Last edited:

angieutc

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I have one suggestion... read through the first page of topics, and maybe... just maybe, one of them will cover what you are looking for.

Ellje I'm going to tell you right now I am not the one. I'll post what I please. If you have a problem with it then click on on another thread and spread your "joy" there.

Replies like yours are TOTALLY unnecessary.

P.S. Thank you to everyone else for being sooo HELPFUL with your replies. I will try your suggestions and report back.

Last edited:
Reactions: jerry8508

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
OK I just tried loading TMZ from the market and its a "NO SHOW" on my new handset also. It appears if you don't have these loaded on the phone before you EE4 update it your screwed. Im sure glad I loaded my apps on before doing the update on the new phone but if I ever need to do a master reset I will be sunk for sure. Hopefully they will fix this issue.

UPDATE I just went to the market to see if Onstar will come up now after the update and it WON'T says not compatible now after the update even though its loaded and working on my handset. I have contacted Verizon again and they are submitting a report to Samsung on this issue with EE4.

Last edited:

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Too many incompatability issues with apps on the Android market right now. Im sorry I re loaded it on my new replacement handset now.

Last edited:

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Many of them

Onstar mylink

TMZ

HBO To Go to name a few

Once EE4 is loaded they are deemed non compatable with the Charge even though I have some of them loaded and working fine. They wont even show up in the market and install once EE4 is loaded but will show up fine on non EE4 handsets. They can all be loaded fine before updating and will still work after updating. If you ever have to do a master reset you then wont be able to reload the apps you once had before EE4.

Last edited:

Aixelsyd

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Many of them

Onstar mylink

TMZ

HBO To Go to name a few

Once EE4 is loaded they are deemed non compatable with the Charge even though I have some of them loaded and working fine. They wont even show up in the market and install once EE4 is loaded but will show up fine on non EE4 handsets.

Its a build.prop issue on why they are not showing up. And that is why the Market is also saying they are not compatible.

angieutc

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
People are getting on my nerves with this search thing. If i don't like what someone posts then i have enough decency not to crash their post. Geesh!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user