EE4 update and incompatability issues with apps on the Market

mvincent1

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I have witnessed the exact same problem on a rooted Gummy 1.5 ROM with EE4. Even after restoring a Titanium backup of HBO GO, the app loads up fine, still does not find market link and has issues when trying to connect and play over WiFi, 3g/4g. The loading icon just satays there spinning.

There is a definitely an issue with this update that broke something. Clearing Market data does not help either.

Will try Jrummy's fix now and report back....
http://jrummy16.com/jrummy/testing/fix.apk

-MV

======================================================

UPDATE: Fix worked like a charm as noted. I took a copy of the build.prop before allowing it to make the changes just-in-case...but all looks good now. Thanks for the link Belizeblue86

- MV

Last edited:

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I did. Says i need to be rooted. I wish there was a non root solution

I think there is, its called an IPhone, im so sick of issues like this with Android it always seems to be one thing or another this is where Apple has there system nailed. Once the 4G IPhone comes out im going to be the first guy in line!

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Its funny I just went to the my downloads on the app market and its not even showing the Onstar mylink app as being downloaded and it on the phone and working just fine.

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Many of them

Onstar mylink

TMZ

HBO To Go to name a few

Once EE4 is loaded they are deemed non compatable with the Charge even though I have some of them loaded and working fine. They wont even show up in the market and install once EE4 is loaded but will show up fine on non EE4 handsets. They can all be loaded fine before updating and will still work after updating. If you ever have to do a master reset you then wont be able to reload the apps you once had before EE4.

Weird. I do have Onstar Mylink and I do have the update and it works just fine. I just tried it and refreshed it and it's accurate. I don't think it's the update...at least not in my case.

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Weird. I do have Onstar Mylink and I do have the update and it works just fine. I just tried it and refreshed it and it's accurate. I don't think it's the update...at least not in my case.

Go to the market and render all your app downloads and see if Onstar its showing there with the others. I have it on my phone too but it was loaded BEFORE EE4 was loaded not after. If you ever lose it you wont be able to reload it after the EE4 install.

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I thought you said that OnStar no longer worked. I misunderstood. I too loaded it pre EE4, but it still works fine. At any rate I do still see OnStar when I go to the Market.

Bravozero

Drroooiiiiddddd
Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Apple has their system "nailed"? Have fun trying to use various applications with no Adobe Flash or the true lack of multitasking, not to mention a small screen. Oh, and the fact of the iPhone always having issues with DST changes.

Bravozero

Drroooiiiiddddd
Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
People are getting on my nerves with this search thing. If i don't like what someone posts then i have enough decency not to crash their post. Geesh!

The reason why the SEARCH function is present on these sites is to help with reducing clutter for the same topics that have been covered over and over again. If you dont' want to use it, then find another forum to post on. This is a great community with a lot of knowledge when it comes to these devices, and it really helps the Moderators and Admins when you don't post the same questions and answers multiple times, not to mention the decency towards the other members that are browsing the forum trying to find answers to their questions as well.

Search first, ask second.

Reactions: dyslexicbunny

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I thought you said that OnStar no longer worked. I misunderstood. I too loaded it pre EE4, but it still works fine. At any rate I do still see OnStar when I go to the Market.

Interesting I don't see it at all in the market or in my apps tally. You are sure EE4 is on your phone?

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Interesting I don't see it at all in the market or in my apps tally. You are sure EE4 is on your phone?

Yup, 100% sure. I got the download on Sunday and went through it and then checked the phone's build # and it shows EE4. But what's weird is that I DON'T see the HBO to Go app or any HBO app for that matter.

I did want to download that and although it shows up in the search box, it doesn't bring you to the HBO apps. Weird.

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Yup, 100% sure. I got the download on Sunday and went through it and then checked the phone's build # and it shows EE4. But what's weird is that I DON'T see the HBO to Go app or any HBO app for that matter.

I did want to download that and although it shows up in the search box, it doesn't bring you to the HBO apps. Weird.

Thats what Onstar is doing to me. Its screwed something up in the market for sure. Im not even getting the new market version now I have the old version and it wont update. I wonder if thats EE4 related too?

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I don't want to see another person tell a member to "search" in this thread. If you have an answer you would like to share, please post it. If you have a link to a thread/post where an answer is available, please post it. If you are simply going to tell a member there is an answer elsewhere and that they should have searched, keep that post to yourself.

If you believe a member is breaking forum rule(s) by double or cross posting, you may use the Report Post function to alert a moderator. But keep in mind that everyone has the right to ask a question, no matter how many times it has been asked before (and most questions I see in the forums have been asked and answered before).

Edit: similar threads merged.

Last edited:

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
This is really strange and I bet it won't be fixed for a long time. I might not have noticed it and assumed that apps I was searching for just didn't exist. But I do recall seeing (and having in my first Charge) HBO to Go, so that would have raised a red flag.

whitepearl86

May 14, 2011
Visit site
This is really strange and I bet it won't be fixed for a long time. I might not have noticed it and assumed that apps I was searching for just didn't exist. But I do recall seeing (and having in my first Charge) HBO to Go, so that would have raised a red flag.

is rooting not an option for you?

if you flash a custom kernel it will give you root and then you can easily run the market fix apk

angieutc

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't want to see another person tell a member to "search" in this thread. If you have an answer you would like to share, please post it. If you have a link to a thread/post where an answer is available, please post it. If you are simply going to tell a member there is an answer elsewhere and that they should have searched, keep that post to yourself.

If you believe a member is breaking forum rule(s) by double or cross posting, you may use the Report Post function to alert a moderator. But keep in mind that everyone has the right to ask a question, no matter how many times it has been asked before (and most questions I see in the forums have been asked and answered before).

Edit: similar threads merged.

Thank you Rag! I was going to post a reply to the rude poster, but decided after reading your post to be the better person and let your response penetrate instead.

I have to say that people like that really add a negative flare to the board and truly discourages genuine exchange of information. In the end, isn't that what all of us is for anyway?

angieutc

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site

You know Ken that is my thought too and it makes me sick to my stomach. After going through 4 yes 4 bad phones with Verizon to finally be blessed with an excellent phone and now this?

I just might have to go back to the iphone. For all its faults and boring OS, it did work when needed.

This makes me sooo sad. :'(

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I have to say that people like that really add a negative flare to the board and truly discourages genuine exchange of information. In the end, isn't that what all of us is for anyway?

Yup, that's exactly why the forums are here - for open discussion. And I'm here to make sure it stays open and friendly.