Came from htc incredible 2. The camera ha good quality but takes forever to snap a photo. Anyone notice this? None of the reviews mentioned it.

Sent from my Droid Charge using Tapatalk
    06-14-2011 02:05 PM
    If you think the DC is slow with camera go try a X2, wow that takes forever to even launch the camera app and the shutter lag is awful.
    06-14-2011 03:17 PM
    my fascinate was quick and the charge is a tad slower but its faster than any motorola ive had...
    06-14-2011 03:36 PM
    Mine is fast, but I've heard from a lot of others that there's is really slow. Seems to be connected to the SD Card speed. Replace it with a fast card and it should fix that, but it's kind of ridiculous to have to do so.
    06-14-2011 04:09 PM
    Mine is fast, but I've heard from a lot of others that there's is really slow. Seems to be connected to the SD Card speed. Replace it with a fast card and it should fix that, but it's kind of ridiculous to have to do so.
    What class sd card do you have

06-14-2011 04:20 PM
    Is it slow after you take the picture.(shot to shot) or slow to actually take the picture.?

If it's slow to actually take the pic i don't see how it could be sd card related.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk
    06-14-2011 04:36 PM
    What class sd card do you have

Sorry, meant to mention that. Class 2.

Devinhfox - it could be because it doesn't release you back to the phone app until it's done writing the picture to your SD Card.
    06-14-2011 05:17 PM
    I tap the shutter button and it takes forever to save the picture. So I have to wait like 3-5 seconds before I can take another picture

06-14-2011 07:23 PM
    Have you tried a camera app from the market? Im using Vignette and not having any speed problems at all.
    06-14-2011 08:00 PM
    Have you tried a camera app from the market? Im using Vignette and not having any speed problems at all.
    I'll check

06-14-2011 10:37 PM
    This camera is pretty slow to save the pictures to the memory card, but at lest it's not slow to capture the picture. I had a Motorola Droid 2 that took forever to capture. The phone made me miss so many pictures it was unbearable.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    06-14-2011 11:58 PM
    I've tried a number of the apps and it hasn't helped. I had this problem with my BB Storm and it got better with an OS upgrade. I'm hoping that might happen if we ever get gingerbread. I have my settings set to make the highest resolution picture and am wondering if I downgraded that if it would make a difference.
    06-15-2011 12:38 AM
    I've tried a number of the apps and it hasn't helped. I had this problem with my BB Storm and it got better with an OS upgrade. I'm hoping that might happen if we ever get gingerbread. I have my settings set to make the highest resolution picture and am wondering if I downgraded that if it would make a difference.
    That was the great idea. I just tried taking a 0.3mp picture an it saves right away. So it's gotta be the write speed. Problem is on all to htc phone i've had class 4 is fine for hih resolution pics. It only gave me problems on hd video

06-15-2011 08:58 AM
    This is a real issue. What is the point of having a great camera if it takes forever to save images

06-15-2011 08:30 PM
    I found that the camera is actually fast. It's the review that take forever to populate. It I turn review off its really quick

06-15-2011 11:39 PM
    I found that the camera is actually fast. It's the review that take forever to populate. It I turn review off its really fast.
    Turning review off didn't affect speed for me. However, under "Shooting Mode" there's an option for Action Shot on pg 2. That made it incredibly fast, albeit a crappy work around.
    06-30-2011 01:41 PM
    i noticed mine took a while after I checked anti-shake and auto-contrast in the capture settings. without these the time to save is very fast (at least on Altered Beast).

just a quick side-issue: has anyone noticed the resolution setting getting stuck on a lower setting after playing around with other shooting modes? either panorama or add-me modes downgrade it and then it's left like that after changing it back to normal (usually without me realizing for a while). that needs to get fixed.
    07-01-2011 03:39 PM
    turn the blink detection off in the camera settings and it wont analyze the picture before saving..makes it way faster
    winnersmw likes this.
    07-01-2011 07:47 PM
    turn the blink detection off in the camera settings and it wont analyze the picture before saving..makes it way faster
    -.-

I could've sworn I tested out disabling all the options/effects.

-.-

Thanks xD
    07-02-2011 12:51 AM
    Awesome, anterior disabling blink detection mine sped right up!
    07-03-2011 07:41 AM
    Awesome, anterior disabling blink detection mine sped right up!
    Gotta love these "posterior" predictive keyboards!
    07-03-2011 09:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD