Ever since I had to do a phone restore..verizon rep said my phone had a memory leak..though all internal storage was full..my phone is just a little laggy.

I do use a lot of widgets..about 1 to 2 on every home screen. The lags I have are sometimes when I scroll through the home screens..its not very crisp. Also..when I hit add. shortcuts..applications...sometimes it takes 3 to 5 secs. for the applications screen to show up...sometimes when I unlock my phone it takes 2 to 3 secs. for the home screen to populate...
    06-15-2011 01:13 PM
    Try using Launcher Pro or any of the apps like it. It works awesome
    06-15-2011 01:19 PM
    Pretty normal even on a new phone out of the box
    06-15-2011 01:28 PM
    If you install launcher pro..can you uninstall it and go right back to Touch Wiz 3.0...hows that work..does Touch Wiz still stay on the phone?
    06-15-2011 02:13 PM
    Yes of course. Just think of it as an app. If you like it, it will be an app that is always open. If not, then uninstall it.

If you are getting some lag, I highly doubt you wont like it
    06-15-2011 02:17 PM
    A tip to running launcher pro would to be eliminate all your touchwiz homescreens down to 1 and delete all your apps and widgets so they no longer run in the background. You can download a app called homeswitcher for froyo to allow you to switch back and forth for your launchers.

The lag when you try to put short cuts on the homescreen cannot be helped unless your running a voodoo rom or running gummycharged rom
    06-15-2011 02:29 PM
    Use either AWD, Launcher Pro, or any other third party launcher. You can disable Touchwiz if you have Titanium Backup, one less program that's running and less lag.
    06-15-2011 02:39 PM
    Is Titanium Backup another App..I don't have to rrot to be able to disable TouchWiz..right

Sorry guys..I am a new to android..thanks for all the help.
    06-15-2011 04:41 PM
    Is Titanium Backup another App..I don't have to rrot to be able to disable TouchWiz..right

Sorry guys..I am a new to android..thanks for all the help.
    In order to use Titanium Backup and disable Touchwiz, you do have to be rooted. There are various methods of rooting the Droid Charge, the easiest one being a 1-click method using a program that does all of the work for you called Gingersnap.

If you just want to use another launcher, you don't have to root to do so, but you won't be able to disable Touchwiz.
    06-15-2011 05:09 PM
    Hmm will Gingersnap work if the phone has been updated to EE4?

Also..I am a little scared to root..whats it do? Does it void my warranty?
    06-15-2011 05:40 PM
    Yes, it does void your warranty, but only if you break or brick your phone and they find out it was rooted. With rooting, if you run into issues, they can be fixed.
    06-15-2011 06:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD