08-08-2011 11:48 PM
52 123
tools
    I can see VZ doing something like that. I don't have cable at home and I was quite pissed that netflix required a xbox gold account in order to stream to the 360. Pissed me off enough to go buy a flatscreen that had internet apps built in. I don't blame netflix but I can understand that everyone needs capital in order to be able to provide services. Everything can't be free and still be further developed.
    06-29-2011 07:53 PM
    VZW doesn't market the LG Revolution as a Droid. It clearly doesn't have Droid in the name and they market all the 4G or 3G as running Android OS not Droid OS.
    06-30-2011 12:40 AM
    The media hub issue is very correct. If the $25 certificate wasn't enough?! I also know the need for gingerbread and its DRM implementation is the most important. But to clear all you funny people up w "droid" issue. First, it is Lucas Art and VZW ONLY. Every device is obviously an Android operated device. The make or break for "Droid" badging is the commitment to full GOOGLE implementation. Not BING if you've happened to notice on many VZW, and others', androids. Flagships, expensive, motorola, all have nothing specific to "droid." Most people just call and Android a droid for short, like calling many of these ignorants gay and not gaylords. There really was a Droid Eris by HTC, not moto, not flagship(by any means), I think most of us would actually just like to forget it. Anyways, Fully GOOGLE + VZW = DROID(in that funny robot voice).

Haha,
    Sent on my Samsung Droid Charge
    # also, getting 30MB/s LTE in Twin Cities Metro
    07-04-2011 01:59 AM
    anybody know how much longer it will be till the droid charge will get netflix?? im desperate i tried so many versions of netflix on it already the older ones work fine but once i try to play a movie it tells me i have to upgrade.. then once i upgrade it crashes after sign in!!! n just like u guys i am not wanting to pay extra for sumten im already paying for!! thanks guys
    07-08-2011 04:49 PM
    When samsung/vzw update us to gb, that's when we'll get netflix. It runs on both of the gb leaks.
    07-08-2011 06:27 PM
    I can see VZ doing something like that. I don't have cable at home and I was quite pissed that netflix required a xbox gold account in order to stream to the 360. Pissed me off enough to go buy a flatscreen that had internet apps built in. I don't blame netflix but I can understand that everyone needs capital in order to be able to provide services. Everything can't be free and still be further developed.
    So let me get this straight, instead of paying the $50 a year for Gold & all of the services it includes, you went & spent THOUSANDS of dollars on a TV w/ it built in?

Yeah, that makes sense. And you showed them.

The comments in this blog are hilarious. I read them for entertainment for how off base they are (usually) and the opinions people have (which is their right). But, its pretty entertaining. And frustrating for people who like facts.
    KoukiFC3S likes this.
    07-09-2011 07:22 PM
    So is Netflix still unavailable on the Charge? I just signed up for the free one month trial. Can you enjoy Netflix if you root your phone?
    07-15-2011 10:43 AM
    So is Netflix still unavailable on the Charge? I just signed up for the free one month trial. Can you enjoy Netflix if you root your phone?
    I believe you need to be on gingerbread. I'm rooted and running gingerbread, using netflix with no problem.
    07-15-2011 10:54 AM
    I believe you need to be on gingerbread. I'm rooted and running gingerbread, using netflix with no problem.
    Thanks! I am new to Netflix. For 7.99 a month can you stream both at home and on your phone and at the same time? How is the video quality on 3G and 4G?
    07-15-2011 12:14 PM
    So let me get this straight, instead of paying the $50 a year for Gold & all of the services it includes, you went & spent THOUSANDS of dollars on a TV w/ it built in?

Yeah, that makes sense. And you showed them.

The comments in this blog are hilarious. I read them for entertainment for how off base they are (usually) and the opinions people have (which is their right). But, its pretty entertaining. And frustrating for people who like facts.
    Having to pay $50 yearly just for streaming does bother me. I have never needed the other services so I didn't feel it was necessary. I would also have to run the 360 all the time with the added noise, heat and possible red ring issue so yes, my sub $700 HD TV was the better option I felt. I was streaming with the 360 from my computer and it had some issues so the one device option was better. Mind you my Wii, laptop, netbook and hopefully soon the charge streams Netflix without extra cost.

This thread is about Netflix on the charge. While most of the replies here at least have something to do with the OP, your post adds nothing but trolling and minor entertainment for me.

You showed me.
    07-15-2011 01:51 PM
    Thanks! I am new to Netflix. For 7.99 a month can you stream both at home and on your phone and at the same time? How is the video quality on 3G and 4G?
    yes, once you have your account you can stream to up to 6 devices and watch 6 different movies on the same account.

They just went from $2.00 a month for their DVD by mail plan if you have a streaming account too. They moved DVD up top up to $7.99 a mo. starting in Sept 1st.
    Oh well, it's back to Redbox for DVD's for me again. Still can't beat Redbox for a $1 a day and you can reserve DVD's online so when you get to the box it's waiting for you. Netflix's DVD selection was not all that great anyway. Redbox seems to get the new releases sooner.

But you can still stream to 6 devices for now. I'm sure they will close that up to like 2 devices in the future.
    07-15-2011 05:57 PM
    Thanks Expidia. Did you drop NetFlix all together or just the DVDs? I am going to use it mostly for TV shows anyway.
    07-15-2011 06:15 PM
    Thanks Expidia. Did you drop NetFlix all together or just the DVDs? I am going to use it mostly for TV shows anyway.
    No I still have the $7.99 mo. streaming plan. It's great. I canceled several of my cables pay stations because all the movies got to be the same ones just on different pay channels at different times.
    For now I just have Showtime but I'll probably dump that one too.

Netflix is great for tv series you have not seen yet. I watched the whole 5 year "Lost" series after I first signed up. Something like 120 episodes. Great series,

Netflix should be available on the Charge after the next update. If it's what they call the Gingerbread update, we should be able to stream Netflix at that time. Some users that root their device can use Netflix now. The Charge has only been out for a couple of months now. I like to keep things simple for now and can wait for the offical VZ update. I don't even have 4G in my area yet anyway and have never even experienced the 4G speeds yet.
    07-16-2011 06:23 AM
    Last night I checked the Market and found that Netflix has released an app that lists the Charge as supported. I installed it and have streamed a couple of movies and TV shows now. Seems to work fine. My phone's firmware is 2.2.1.
    Don
    07-23-2011 09:28 AM
    Anyone else having some trouble with netflix? The app works but every few seconds it drops a noticeable number of frames which gives it a jerky look. Is it just me or is the app poorly implemented?
    07-24-2011 04:06 PM
    It came out this past week for charge.
    07-25-2011 08:05 PM
    Wow, I'm glad I chose the sammy. I almost went for the Revolution as the rep said that was their latest one and it ran Netflix.

Even the brochure I took out of the VZ bag when I got home shows only 3 4G models with the Droid Incredible 4G coming soon.

That's amazing that VZ doesn't tell you that the Revolution is not actually a Droid yet their comparison page shows all their 4G offerrings running the Droid OS.

Can you point me to an article that shows the LG version not actually being a Droid. Just incase someone asks me the difference because I know friends are going to ask me which model is better and why?

Thx to you and another poster above, pointing out to me that the LG is not actually a Droid because I almost took the LG model because it had Netflix Then I would have had to fight with VZ on a restock fee when I went and returned it for the Charge.

I did buy the revalution within 7 days it wiped out its total memory. Went back to store refused to replace with same phone again and got the charge. Vzw had the nerve to charge me a restock fee for a phone that would not even boot up. Someone please explain to me how they can restock a blank phone. And if you can't restock, then how can you charge a fee for doing it.
    07-25-2011 08:18 PM
    I did buy the revalution within 7 days it wiped out its total memory. Went back to store refused to replace with same phone again and got the charge. Vzw had the nerve to charge me a restock fee for a phone that would not even boot up. Someone please explain to me how they can restock a blank phone. And if you can't restock, then how can you charge a fee for doing it.
    They wouldn't have charged the fee to put you in another Revolution, but because you decided to go with an entirely different phone instead is why.

On another note, I just installed Netflix yesterday and it works pretty good. Its a bit pixelated, but seemed to get better after buffering. Yay for Netflix on the Charge. =)
    07-26-2011 10:13 AM
    Anyone else exoeriancing that the netflix apps drains the batter faster thsn it can charge and you have to have your phone in ventilated area with no case or it willmover heat and shut down the video because of high battery temps? I am thinking my phone is de fective..... Similar problem with even playing mp3s the charge wont charge
    07-30-2011 06:30 AM
    Anyone else exoeriancing that the netflix apps drains the batter faster thsn it can charge and you have to have your phone in ventilated area with no case or it willmover heat and shut down the video because of high battery temps? I am thinking my phone is de fective..... Similar problem with even playing mp3s the charge wont charge
    You got a defect for sure. And btw EVERYONE PLEASE CANCEL YOUR NETFLIX SUBSCRIPTION SO THEY WILL LOWER THEIR PRICES. Thank you.
    07-30-2011 09:25 AM
    The whole Netflix is evil for raising their prices is quite overblown. Pretty sure they were operating at a loss with the $2 DVDs in the mail deal. If they are not making money how do you expect them to improve their services or create new services? Also realize the MPAA are squeezing them for every red cent they can. Does the price increase suck? Yes. Is it worth the outrage? Have 2 less starbucks lattes a month and there is the increase.
    08-01-2011 10:34 AM
    The whole Netflix is evil for raising their prices is quite overblown. Pretty sure they were operating at a loss with the $2 DVDs in the mail deal. If they are not making money how do you expect them to improve their services or create new services? Also realize the MPAA are squeezing them for every red cent they can. Does the price increase suck? Yes. Is it worth the outrage? Have 2 less starbucks lattes a month and there is the increase.
    I agree. Why are users thinking Netflix is overcharging? They have not changed their "unlimited" streaming price of $7.99.

I signed up for that several months ago and it allows you to watch movies on 6 different devices "at once" and different movies on each device.

What they went up on was the 1 DVD at a time for $2.00 when you are already paying for the 7.99 streaming plan. I didn't understand how they could do it for 2.00 as I was watching 8 or 9 movies a month for $2 with free postage back and forth.

Just the postage back and forth had to cost Netflix more than $2. I think they just offered the DVD as a loss leader to get the streaming plans out there.

It worked cause their stock was up to $305 a share a few weeks ago and then pulled back as the markets pulled back last week.

HBO alone is like $15 a month for one device and most of their movie selection is very old and you need a cable box for each subscription to view on other tv's.

Netflix quickly became like Apple as Netflix retains most of the market share for streaming just like Apple has 90% of the ipad/tablet market. Even their name shows they didn't want to get into the mail order DVD business but bandwidth took awhile for being able to stream quality movies now in Dolby Digital yet. Many titles are in HD too.

Paying a monthly fee for DVD's by mail is lousy anyway because there are not enough newer releases to justify paying $7.99 a month and up.
    One is better off just using Redbox for a buck a DVD and streaming Netflix for $7.99.
    08-01-2011 03:29 PM
    Anyone else having some trouble with netflix? The app works but every few seconds it drops a noticeable number of frames which gives it a jerky look. Is it just me or is the app poorly implemented?
    I have the same problem. It's too skippy for me. I even closed all running apps before starting it, but it's not any better. I'm back to watching on my smaller iPod touch because I couldn't stand it.
    08-02-2011 10:27 PM
    I have the same problem. It's too skippy for me. I even closed all running apps before starting it, but it's not any better. I'm back to watching on my smaller iPod touch because I couldn't stand it.
    I already had a subscription on netflix for streaming videos, so i had net flix here from day one, the stream is good enough for me and i am in a fringe area' i must admit i didnt watch a entire movie as i am busy doing a lot of changes here,, cpu OS's etc..

netflix is what it is for 7.99 a month.. the 2 bucks more for dvd's being sent to you is wrong if i read netflix right.. its a 9.99 charge "more" per month.. or that was my understanding so i stayed with streaming.. one big prob with netflix is you wont get top notch movies as in "Freeway" or "taken" etc.but there are more to chose from to entertain one's self..
    08-02-2011 10:41 PM
    I already had a subscription on netflix for streaming videos, so i had net flix here from day one, the stream is good enough for me and i am in a fringe area' i must admit i didnt watch a entire movie as i am busy doing a lot of changes here,, cpu OS's etc..

netflix is what it is for 7.99 a month.. the 2 bucks more for dvd's being sent to you is wrong if i read netflix right.. its a 9.99 charge "more" per month.. or that was my understanding so i stayed with streaming.. one big prob with netflix is you wont get top notch movies as in "Freeway" or "taken" etc.but there are more to chose from to entertain one's self..
    You are looking at Netflix's new rates for new subscribers . . .
    For current DVD subscribers we are still paying $$7.99 per month for unlimited streaming and another $2.00 more per month for DVD's (one out at a time by mail) up through Sept. 1st. Then DVD's move up to $7.99 a month. The $2.00 a month was great while it lasted
    08-02-2011 11:19 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD