Netflix on Charge

expidia

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I am happy to hear that there is a netflix application from the droid store told to me by samsung tech.

SO it is time to open the box today and download it!

thank you for the thread,
new forum member Tim

Those store reps don't know squat. The LG Revolution has a pre-installed Netflix app already but so far no Netflix for the Droids yet. I'm sure it's coming at some point though.

But they will tell you anything to sell you a device and accessories. When I picked up my Charge last week and I asked her if this Charge had an LED alert for incoming messages etc. She said "it sure does" and she pointed to the front camera lens. I think if you get fired as a perfume sprayer at Macy's, Verizon will hire you immediately . . . hahaha

alkspa

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi does any have an idea when Netflix will release a Charge compatible client?

Thanks
I've called VZ, Netflix and Samsung - all on 6/27/11 - to ask about Netflix app for Charge. No one knew anything. I have a thought, though, and it isn't a good one.
Samsung is pushing the Media Hub app that lets one rent or purchase movies. They included a $25 credit activation code for Media Hub with my Charge phone. Therefore, why hurry and get a Netflix app out!! (This has no facts to back it up but is a theory) "Food for thought - chow down"

expidia

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
My understanding is that the Netflix app needs Gingerbread to work and we don't have that yet. The leaked GB does have working netflix it seems.

That's what I read too that they are waiting for the Gingerbread update. There is a Neflix app on the web for droids with two different downloads. Neither work with the Charge or the other droids as it was shut down recently. It installed fine on my Charge and looked like it was going to work and it accepted my Netfliix account info. Loaded the movie choices and then when I clicked on the movie to start it . . . it gave an error that it can't connect to the Netflix server. Maybe VZ blocked it until they get enough capped data plans in place . . who knows? It comes aready pre-installed on the 4G LG Revolution!

Netflix App Updated to now support Motorola Droid, other phones working too [Update] | Android Community

The wait continues . . .

Last edited:

Farabomb

May 23, 2011
www.azpinstalls.com
I can see VZ doing something like that. I don't have cable at home and I was quite pissed that netflix required a xbox gold account in order to stream to the 360. Pissed me off enough to go buy a flatscreen that had internet apps built in. I don't blame netflix but I can understand that everyone needs capital in order to be able to provide services. Everything can't be free and still be further developed.

Moreno

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
VZW doesn't market the LG Revolution as a Droid. It clearly doesn't have Droid in the name and they market all the 4G or 3G as running Android OS not Droid OS.

4GDroid

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
The media hub issue is very correct. If the $25 certificate wasn't enough?! I also know the need for gingerbread and its DRM implementation is the most important. But to clear all you funny people up w "droid" issue. First, it is Lucas Art and VZW ONLY. Every device is obviously an Android operated device. The make or break for "Droid" badging is the commitment to full GOOGLE implementation. Not BING if you've happened to notice on many VZW, and others', androids. Flagships, expensive, motorola, all have nothing specific to "droid." Most people just call and Android a droid for short, like calling many of these ignorants gay and not gaylords. There really was a Droid Eris by HTC, not moto, not flagship(by any means), I think most of us would actually just like to forget it. Anyways, Fully GOOGLE + VZW = DROID?(in that funny robot voice).

Haha,
Sent on my Samsung Droid? Charge :)
# also, getting 30MB/s LTE in Twin Cities Metro

octaves88

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
anybody know how much longer it will be till the droid charge will get netflix?? im desperate i tried so many versions of netflix on it already the older ones work fine but once i try to play a movie it tells me i have to upgrade.. then once i upgrade it crashes after sign in!!! :( n just like u guys i am not wanting to pay extra for sumten im already paying for!! thanks guys :D

SoCalBIGmike

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
I can see VZ doing something like that. I don't have cable at home and I was quite pissed that netflix required a xbox gold account in order to stream to the 360. Pissed me off enough to go buy a flatscreen that had internet apps built in. I don't blame netflix but I can understand that everyone needs capital in order to be able to provide services. Everything can't be free and still be further developed.
So let me get this straight, instead of paying the $50 a year for Gold & all of the services it includes, you went & spent THOUSANDS of dollars on a TV w/ it built in?

Yeah, that makes sense. And you showed them.

The comments in this blog are hilarious. I read them for entertainment for how off base they are (usually) and the opinions people have (which is their right). But, its pretty entertaining. And frustrating for people who like facts.

redskinsnut

May 20, 2011
Visit site
So is Netflix still unavailable on the Charge? I just signed up for the free one month trial. Can you enjoy Netflix if you root your phone?

Farabomb

May 23, 2011
www.azpinstalls.com
So let me get this straight, instead of paying the $50 a year for Gold & all of the services it includes, you went & spent THOUSANDS of dollars on a TV w/ it built in?

Yeah, that makes sense. And you showed them.

The comments in this blog are hilarious. I read them for entertainment for how off base they are (usually) and the opinions people have (which is their right). But, its pretty entertaining. And frustrating for people who like facts.

Having to pay $50 yearly just for streaming does bother me. I have never needed the other services so I didn't feel it was necessary. I would also have to run the 360 all the time with the added noise, heat and possible red ring issue so yes, my sub $700 HD TV was the better option I felt. I was streaming with the 360 from my computer and it had some issues so the one device option was better. Mind you my Wii, laptop, netbook and hopefully soon the charge streams Netflix without extra cost.

This thread is about Netflix on the charge. While most of the replies here at least have something to do with the OP, your post adds nothing but trolling and minor entertainment for me.

You showed me.

Last edited:

expidia

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! I am new to Netflix. For 7.99 a month can you stream both at home and on your phone and at the same time? How is the video quality on 3G and 4G?

yes, once you have your account you can stream to up to 6 devices and watch 6 different movies on the same account.

They just went from $2.00 a month for their DVD by mail plan if you have a streaming account too. They moved DVD up top up to $7.99 a mo. starting in Sept 1st.
Oh well, it's back to Redbox for DVD's for me again. Still can't beat Redbox for a $1 a day and you can reserve DVD's online so when you get to the box it's waiting for you. Netflix's DVD selection was not all that great anyway. Redbox seems to get the new releases sooner.

But you can still stream to 6 devices for now. I'm sure they will close that up to like 2 devices in the future.

expidia

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Expidia. Did you drop NetFlix all together or just the DVDs? I am going to use it mostly for TV shows anyway.

No I still have the $7.99 mo. streaming plan. It's great. I canceled several of my cables pay stations because all the movies got to be the same ones just on different pay channels at different times.
For now I just have Showtime but I'll probably dump that one too.

Netflix is great for tv series you have not seen yet. I watched the whole 5 year "Lost" series after I first signed up. Something like 120 episodes. Great series,

Netflix should be available on the Charge after the next update. If it's what they call the Gingerbread update, we should be able to stream Netflix at that time. Some users that root their device can use Netflix now. The Charge has only been out for a couple of months now. I like to keep things simple for now and can wait for the offical VZ update. I don't even have 4G in my area yet anyway and have never even experienced the 4G speeds yet.

Last edited:

nd7p

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Last night I checked the Market and found that Netflix has released an app that lists the Charge as supported. I installed it and have streamed a couple of movies and TV shows now. Seems to work fine. My phone's firmware is 2.2.1.
Don

nsdjoe

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having some trouble with netflix? The app works but every few seconds it drops a noticeable number of frames which gives it a jerky look. Is it just me or is the app poorly implemented?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38