Netflix on Charge

liveitloveitghappy

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Wow, I'm glad I chose the sammy. I almost went for the Revolution as the rep said that was their latest one and it ran Netflix.

Even the brochure I took out of the VZ bag when I got home shows only 3 4G models with the Droid Incredible 4G coming soon.

That's amazing that VZ doesn't tell you that the Revolution is not actually a Droid yet their comparison page shows all their 4G offerrings running the Droid OS.

Can you point me to an article that shows the LG version not actually being a Droid. Just incase someone asks me the difference because I know friends are going to ask me which model is better and why?

Thx to you and another poster above, pointing out to me that the LG is not actually a Droid because I almost took the LG model because it had Netflix Then I would have had to fight with VZ on a restock fee when I went and returned it for the Charge.

I did buy the revalution within 7 days it wiped out its total memory. Went back to store refused to replace with same phone again and got the charge. Vzw had the nerve to charge me a restock fee for a phone that would not even boot up. Someone please explain to me how they can restock a blank phone. And if you can't restock, then how can you charge a fee for doing it.

superstar1213

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I did buy the revalution within 7 days it wiped out its total memory. Went back to store refused to replace with same phone again and got the charge. Vzw had the nerve to charge me a restock fee for a phone that would not even boot up. Someone please explain to me how they can restock a blank phone. And if you can't restock, then how can you charge a fee for doing it.
They wouldn't have charged the fee to put you in another Revolution, but because you decided to go with an entirely different phone instead is why.

On another note, I just installed Netflix yesterday and it works pretty good. Its a bit pixelated, but seemed to get better after buffering. Yay for Netflix on the Charge. =)

ToadGunner

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else exoeriancing that the netflix apps drains the batter faster thsn it can charge and you have to have your phone in ventilated area with no case or it willmover heat and shut down the video because of high battery temps? I am thinking my phone is de fective..... Similar problem with even playing mp3s the charge wont charge

SuperJonCA

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else exoeriancing that the netflix apps drains the batter faster thsn it can charge and you have to have your phone in ventilated area with no case or it willmover heat and shut down the video because of high battery temps? I am thinking my phone is de fective..... Similar problem with even playing mp3s the charge wont charge

You got a defect for sure. And btw EVERYONE PLEASE CANCEL YOUR NETFLIX SUBSCRIPTION SO THEY WILL LOWER THEIR PRICES. Thank you.

Farabomb

May 23, 2011
www.azpinstalls.com
The whole Netflix is evil for raising their prices is quite overblown. Pretty sure they were operating at a loss with the $2 DVDs in the mail deal. If they are not making money how do you expect them to improve their services or create new services? Also realize the MPAA are squeezing them for every red cent they can. Does the price increase suck? Yes. Is it worth the outrage? Have 2 less starbucks lattes a month and there is the increase.

expidia

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
The whole Netflix is evil for raising their prices is quite overblown. Pretty sure they were operating at a loss with the $2 DVDs in the mail deal. If they are not making money how do you expect them to improve their services or create new services? Also realize the MPAA are squeezing them for every red cent they can. Does the price increase suck? Yes. Is it worth the outrage? Have 2 less starbucks lattes a month and there is the increase.

I agree. Why are users thinking Netflix is overcharging? They have not changed their "unlimited" streaming price of $7.99.

I signed up for that several months ago and it allows you to watch movies on 6 different devices "at once" and different movies on each device.

What they went up on was the 1 DVD at a time for $2.00 when you are already paying for the 7.99 streaming plan. I didn't understand how they could do it for 2.00 as I was watching 8 or 9 movies a month for $2 with free postage back and forth.

Just the postage back and forth had to cost Netflix more than $2. I think they just offered the DVD as a loss leader to get the streaming plans out there.

It worked cause their stock was up to $305 a share a few weeks ago and then pulled back as the markets pulled back last week.

HBO alone is like $15 a month for one device and most of their movie selection is very old and you need a cable box for each subscription to view on other tv's.

Netflix quickly became like Apple as Netflix retains most of the market share for streaming just like Apple has 90% of the ipad/tablet market. Even their name shows they didn't want to get into the mail order DVD business but bandwidth took awhile for being able to stream quality movies now in Dolby Digital yet. Many titles are in HD too.

Paying a monthly fee for DVD's by mail is lousy anyway because there are not enough newer releases to justify paying $7.99 a month and up.
One is better off just using Redbox for a buck a DVD and streaming Netflix for $7.99.

Last edited:

jglor

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having some trouble with netflix? The app works but every few seconds it drops a noticeable number of frames which gives it a jerky look. Is it just me or is the app poorly implemented?
I have the same problem. It's too skippy for me. I even closed all running apps before starting it, but it's not any better. I'm back to watching on my smaller iPod touch because I couldn't stand it.

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem. It's too skippy for me. I even closed all running apps before starting it, but it's not any better. I'm back to watching on my smaller iPod touch because I couldn't stand it.

I already had a subscription on netflix for streaming videos, so i had net flix here from day one, the stream is good enough for me and i am in a fringe area' i must admit i didnt watch a entire movie as i am busy doing a lot of changes here,, cpu OS's etc..

netflix is what it is for 7.99 a month.. the 2 bucks more for dvd's being sent to you is wrong if i read netflix right.. its a 9.99 charge "more" per month.. or that was my understanding so i stayed with streaming.. one big prob with netflix is you wont get top notch movies as in "Freeway" or "taken" etc.but there are more to chose from to entertain one's self..

expidia

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I already had a subscription on netflix for streaming videos, so i had net flix here from day one, the stream is good enough for me and i am in a fringe area' i must admit i didnt watch a entire movie as i am busy doing a lot of changes here,, cpu OS's etc..

netflix is what it is for 7.99 a month.. the 2 bucks more for dvd's being sent to you is wrong if i read netflix right.. its a 9.99 charge "more" per month.. or that was my understanding so i stayed with streaming.. one big prob with netflix is you wont get top notch movies as in "Freeway" or "taken" etc.but there are more to chose from to entertain one's self..

You are looking at Netflix's new rates for new subscribers . . .
For current DVD subscribers we are still paying $$7.99 per month for unlimited streaming and another $2.00 more per month for DVD's (one out at a time by mail) up through Sept. 1st. Then DVD's move up to $7.99 a month. The $2.00 a month was great while it lasted :(

tefca

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having a problem with Netflix freezing up? If I pause the video, then the screen times out and goes off, then when I power back up and unlock the screen is black. The only thing I can do is hit the home key and go back to the main screen. Netflix is still running, and hitting the icon again goes back to the black screen. I have to task kill it to get it to run correctly again

Rooted stock ROM, launcher Pro

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
Anyone using netflix with HDMI out?

The video on the TV is slightly jerky. Anyone else having performance issues?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair