I did a search but could not find a related topic.

Is there a way to edit the home screen when the Charge goes into car dock mode? The default screen has VZ Navigator front and center but who uses that these days? I want to put the real Navigation icon there. i could not seem to find a way to edit this screen like I could on my previous Droid X.

My phone is NOT rooted and I do not plan to at this time.

Thanks for any adice or tips that do not say root the phone.
    06-16-2011 07:36 PM
    I did a search but could not find a related topic.

Is there a way to edit the home screen when the Charge goes into car dock mode? The default screen has VZ Navigator front and center but who uses that these days? I want to put the real Navigation icon there. i could not seem to find a way to edit this screen like I could on my previous Droid X.

My phone is NOT rooted and I do not plan to at this time.

Thanks for any adice or tips that do not say root the phone.
    You might try loading a third party dock app. I don't think the stock one is editable.
    06-17-2011 09:45 AM
    Gah... I read "Is Car Dock Home screen Edible" I should go back to sleep. :facepalm:
    06-17-2011 09:54 AM
    Gah... I read "Is Car Dock Home screen Edible" I should go back to sleep. :facepalm:
    That'd be nice - it would solve the whole "late to work need a quick breakfast" problem. Pop your phone in to your car dock, NOM NOM NOM.
    06-17-2011 10:25 AM
    I just got my car dock today and was wondering the same thing. you can exit the car dock to use the normal navigation but what is the point of the car dock screen then. If anyone knows a good app to download for this please post it. It would be nice if they just let it be customizable.
    06-17-2011 05:02 PM
    I use Car Home and it works good. Available in the Market.
    06-17-2011 07:25 PM
    I use Custom Car Home and love it. It is editable. you can choose to program up to three screens and the icons are BIG and easy to launch. Available in the market.
    06-20-2011 10:54 PM
    Will rooting the phone allow access to edit the car dock icons? If so that is all the reason I need to root the phone.
    06-26-2011 06:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD