I tried to record 720p video yesterday and was flashed this error message after about 7 seconds of recording. Anyone have any ideas what the problem is? Is it because Samsung cheaped out and put a class 2 sd card in the phone? Curious if anyone else has run into this...
    06-17-2011 01:14 AM
    I have had the same issue, I went as far as to return the phone and got another charge, still the same issue. It only seems to happen when I am recording something important of course. I don't know if it is the phone or the SD card, any information would be great.
    06-23-2011 03:23 PM
    I went ahead and bought a class 6 card. I haven't received it yet, but I'm hoping it'll solve the problem. I bought a 16 gb one from amazon (don't really need the 32 gb) for about $35 that seemed to be highly rated by previous purchasers. I'll post again once I receive the card and give it a whirl...
    06-23-2011 05:18 PM
    Thought there was a 32 card that came with it??? Unbelievable!
    06-23-2011 07:15 PM
    It does come with a 32gb card, but it's class 2. In theory, class 2 cards can't handle 720p video. I've replaced it with a higher class 6 and I'm hoping that will solve the problem I'm having with the above error message.
    06-23-2011 07:54 PM
    This weekend i was at a huge festival, and during the festival i noticed my camera wasnt on full resolution so i switched it to the highest setting. Now for some reason all of the videos that i took this weekend are gone, except the ones that i took before i changed the setting.

At first i thought it might of been my phone randomly making my videos disappear but now i think this was the cause to it

I took a video tonight to see if it would save and i got this same exact error, but the weird thing about this is that the video still saved and i was able to view it again.

Im kind of confused at what is going on here :-/ hoping there is some way to retrieve my videos from this weekend.
    06-29-2011 05:52 AM
    Saw it once, thought it was an odd fluke.
    06-29-2011 12:21 PM
    For the record, after I replaced the class 2 card with the class 6 card, I can record 720p video and save it to the new card with no problem. Shame on Samsung for cheaping out on us like this...
    fundragon likes this.
    06-29-2011 12:22 PM
    I have the same problem with the stock 32GB Class 2 card >.<

According to this, you need at least a class 4 card to record HD video. Jerks over at Samsung >.<
    07-14-2011 07:28 PM
    I have the same problem with the stock 32GB Class 2 card >.<

According to this, you need at least a class 4 card to record HD video. Jerks over at Samsung >.<
    check the sd/card to see what class it is.... mine happened to be a class 4 but i have not tried to record anything important with it.. i do happen to have another class 4 sd card handy that i bought from verizon last year but so far.... use for storage/transfer from laptop or tower and back....
    08-18-2011 08:39 PM
    mine is class 2, and it shoot and record fine....
    i think class thing is bs....
    08-19-2011 12:08 AM
    My SD card is class 2, and when it does record HD videos, they are somewhat choppy. I did have a couple of instances of the "Unable to record: Resolution not supported by memory card" message as well. Re-trying to initiate recording worked in those cases. I am looking at getting a class 6 or 10 to resolve the issue, though. The higher read/write speed always helps when dealing with high data transfer, as in HD recording.
    08-19-2011 01:32 AM
    My card is class 4 and I get the message....I am rooted with gummy 1.9.....could the issue be root or Rom related?....those of you that do not get the message are you rooted?....if so what Rom....
    08-19-2011 11:06 AM
    This is what I did.....unmounted and remounted sd card....still got message...then changed video quality setting from super fine to normal and was able to record and save a video in the highest resolution.... then changed from normal to fine and was able to record and save....then went from fine to super fine and have recorded and saved 2 videos so far......give it a shot.....
    08-19-2011 11:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD