I am enjoying the Droid Charge !!!

Mikewired

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I debated getting this phone, debated , debated...... I really like the bigger screen!!! I am coming from iPhone 4 and ATT for over 12yrs. I guess the main thing I enjoy is the bigger screen and super amoled+. Being in reading glasses years the super amoled is just plain easier to see!!!!, without glasses!!! I tried the ATT Infuse with the 4.5 inch screen and it was great but still the same old ATT network that recently started to suffer in our area(Fairhope, Al) The Infuse battery was. not so good. So far on day two of my Verizon 14 days, the network seems great and the Charge also seems great. My only concern is the battery, but I can already tell its better than the Infuse......:D

jkeene81

Feb 1, 2010
plus.google.com
Yea as usual the battery is the weak link in Android phones but the screen more the makes up for it, I found that if i put the powercontrol widget up and dim the screen down when Im inside I am making it untill 9pm with 30% of my battery still there, even though its a crime to turn down the brightness on such an awesome screen!!!!!!!

richardpandy

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
I didn't think I would really enjoy this phone but it has really grown on me and I really do like it. I had the Thunderbolt and I am a fan of Sense. This phone has a few things here and there and a few things that I really hate, but the stability of the phone definitely makes up for it. The whole thing of "feeling light makes it feel cheap" is completely inaccurate. Hopefully we see Gingerbread sometime within my lifetime though since we all know Samsung hasn't been the quickest on updates.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I also came from a TB and am very happy with this phone. I picked up the extended battery and can go 2 days (36-44 hours) I am rooted and running altered beast 4.1

c29flier

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
4G LTE Network in Baldwin Co?

Do I correctly recall that VzW lit up LTE in Pensacola, GS/Foley/Fairhope/Spanish Fort, and Mobile areas? If so, are you seeing quite a bit of it? I was down your way for work last week but I didn't have my Charge yet (picked it up yesterday), but I will probably be back in July or August so I'm wondering what the coverage appears to be like so far?

expidia

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I debated getting this phone, debated , debated...... I really like the bigger screen!!! I am coming from iPhone 4 and ATT for over 12yrs. I guess the main thing I enjoy is the bigger screen and super amoled+. Being in reading glasses years the super amoled is just plain easier to see!!!!, without glasses!!! I tried the ATT Infuse with the 4.5 inch screen and it was great but still the same old ATT network that recently started to suffer in our area(Fairhope, Al) The Infuse battery was. not so good. So far on day two of my Verizon 14 days, the network seems great and the Charge also seems great. My only concern is the battery, but I can already tell its better than the Infuse......:D

Same here, 3 days now. I suffered with a BB Bold for way too long. Wait till you take some outdoor pics. I was on Northern Lake George in NY boating today. It was a beautiful bright sunny day. My regular camera is only 5 MP. I was taking shots with both and when I got home I loaded them onto my laptop and saw quite a difference with the 8 MP Charge's pics. They looked amazing for being taken with a smartphone!

4xxblessed

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
elaborate

I'm thinking about changing from the Thunderbolt. Can you elaborate on the things that you really hate?! I'm curious before I make a switch. Thanks!

I didn't think I would really enjoy this phone but it has really grown on me and I really do like it. I had the Thunderbolt and I am a fan of Sense. This phone has a few things here and there and a few things that I really hate, but the stability of the phone definitely makes up for it. The whole thing of "feeling light makes it feel cheap" is completely inaccurate. Hopefully we see Gingerbread sometime within my lifetime though since we all know Samsung hasn't been the quickest on updates.

Kabukiman

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I just upgraded to an Iphone4 last week I gave it a chance over the weekend and it's just not for me from having a DroidX for over a year and an OG Droid before that. I returned the Iphone and Have a Droid Charge coming tomorrow I can't wait!

Halcyon

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Im a Thunderbolt defector. I love the Charge. It has been extreamly stable for me and the battery life is a non issue. I like not having to worry about actually using the phone. The screen is amazing and overall it has been a great experiance. Ive had the phone for almost three weeks and already it has had TWO updates fixing bugs. The Charge is a big winner in my book.

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Had the Tbolt for about 12 days. Liked it except for battery and a lack of Verizon apps & at the time, no NFL on it. Waited till the Rev made it out for comparison and of the 3 available LTE phones, the Charge won my vote. I've had mine for awhile now and enjoying it more every day. TW UI and browser (with Java on) was a bit laggy at first but loaded Go Launcher EX which has made all the difference in speed and personalization. Then when the EE4 update hit, the browser started working just as smooth as the Tbolt. So all has been great so far. Loaded up about 16 HD movies that look great on this screen and the best part is that I don't have to worry about the battery choking. I'm only getting about 11-12hrs on avg use, but remembering just how bad the Tbolt was, 12 is not bad at all. With the Tbolt I remember setting it on the night stand unplugged with a full charge and it being dead the next morning. I've done that with my Charge many times now and loose maybe 8% over night. Very satisfied with my decision.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007