when I want to view an email attachment(pdf file) I have to save it to sd card first then go find it just to view it. Is there a way to just view it while in the email like on BB? I hate to have save everyhting just to view it.

Thanks
    06-18-2011 10:55 AM
    when I want to view an email attachment(pdf file) I have to save it to sd card first then go find it just to view it. Is there a way to just view it while in the email like on BB? I hate to have save everyhting just to view it.

Thanks
    Download Adobe acrobat reader from the market. After I did this every PDF opened right up, no problems.
    Also download video player if someone is sending you a .mov file, then you can just open the program and all your videos are right there.
    hockeymn25 likes this.
    06-18-2011 01:38 PM
    Download Adobe acrobat reader from the market. After I did this every PDF opened right up, no problems.
    Also download video player if someone is sending you a .mov file, then you can just open the program and all your videos are right there.
    are you saying they opened while you were viewing the email? or did it save to sd card then you opened it with Adobe?
    06-18-2011 04:56 PM
    I also cannot get attachments to display. I get "This attachment cannot be displayed" and I have acrobat reader installed.
    06-19-2011 07:27 AM
    If you use Gmail (you can have it poll your other email addresses), you can read the attachments. I use both K9 Mail and Gmail; K9 gets the mail much faster, but you can read the attachments in Gmail. Kind of a belt-and-suspenders approach. I also like the fact that gmail keeps the mail in the inbox after you read it, while in K9 they disappear the next day.
    06-19-2011 08:11 AM
    If you use Gmail (you can have it poll your other email addresses), you can read the attachments. I use both K9 Mail and Gmail; K9 gets the mail much faster, but you can read the attachments in Gmail. Kind of a belt-and-suspenders approach. I also like the fact that gmail keeps the mail in the inbox after you read it, while in K9 they disappear the next day.
    Is there nothing that will just let you view email attachments in the email? seems like such a simple thing. Blackberry did it no issues.
    06-19-2011 01:39 PM
    K-9 Mail will. Option to Open or Save.

EDIT: You have to make sure you Download the Entire Message. If you only have the header, it may not have downloaded the entire attachment.
    06-20-2011 01:12 PM
    I have the same issue viewing .jpg files if I'm checking email by clicking the non-gmail "email" icon. If I go through the gmail icon, I have no issues. Do you guys this there are better email apps to use?
    06-20-2011 01:13 PM
    I use AOL and I too need to frequently click the left button and hit 'show pictures'. I wish there was a way to set this as the default operation. Why must I always hit 'show pictures' if I want to see them?
    06-20-2011 02:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD