I had a Moto Droid and just got the Charge. So far I really like the phone, but I'm disappointed that I lost a favorite functionality in the calendar.

In the Moto Droid I could add an address of a meeting location, such as a restaurant or business address in the location of the event. When it was time to go there, I would click on the address and it took me right to Google Maps.

Now there is no link unless the person with the address is in my contacts. I found a very messy work around where I select edit on the event, copy the address from there and paste it into Google Maps.

I've looked at the settings and can't find a way to set this the way I want. Is there something I'm missing? Is there a calendar app that will give me this functionality back?

Thanks

Ali
    06-20-2011 11:44 AM
    I just noticed this myself yesterday. Some things I like about this calendar, but the address (non-link) to Google Maps is a killer for me.

Also coming from the original Droid, I'm guessing that the calendar on the Charge is a Samsung app. I have all my .apk(s) from the OG, I wonder if I can replace the calendar using root explorer.

Something to think about.

Chris
    06-26-2011 09:35 AM
    I found a better workaround. I go to Google maps and put in the address, then get the link and put that into my calendar. So far it's the best I've found
    06-26-2011 03:52 PM
    Thanks for the tip.

It does take an extra step, but you can do that & still enjoy the extra features that the calendar on the Charge gives us.

Although I'm still going to try to replace the apk(s) just to see if I can.

C
    06-27-2011 08:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD