Home screen won't change?

expidia

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I've done a search and also looked through the manual I downloaded from samsung.com for this answer but it won't function the way the manuals page says it should

Bottom line: I'm trying to get the home button to open up my home page, page 1 has the icons I want on my home page.

I press menu and edit (or pinch the home screen) and I see the 7 screens available.
I have my main icons on page #1.
It says to touch "set home" at the bottom of the page which has the icons on it that I want the home button to open.

No matter how I move the pages around or which ever page I move my icons to . . . when I press the button, it always opens page 2 which have my secondary icons on.

What tip do I need to know to get page one to open when I press the hard home key?
Thx

Last edited:

expidia

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Update: so far I've deleted the other 4 pages that are blank and swapped all my icons on page 1 with page two. At least on my device the only way I can get the home button to only open page 2.

This works for me but it's odd that when I press "set home" on any page that it does not change the home button to that respective page?

This appears to me to be program bug. Unless other owners are able to change their hard home page button to open any of the 7 pages they choose simply by pressing set home?

Mikell808

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Had the same issue just figured it out. When selecting which page to be the home screen you have to click on the white box that says "set home" not on on the area where you can see the icons. That should solve it.