Droid Charge LTE only mode.

Rudolphe

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Is there a way to force the Droid Charge into an LTE only mode? It keeps switching back and forth to 3G when i'm clearly in a coverage area for LTE. When LTE's on, it shows full bars... weird.

Anyway, is there a way to force the device into LTE only and not fall back to 3g? Thanks.

shobuddy

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to force the Droid Charge into an LTE only mode? It keeps switching back and forth to 3G when i'm clearly in a coverage area for LTE. When LTE's on, it shows full bars... weird.

Anyway, is there a way to force the device into LTE only and not fall back to 3g? Thanks.

It switches to 3G when it can't get 4G. If it can't get 4G for whatever reason, there is no way to force it to do so.

Jaymil

Neutronbomb
Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
It switches to 3G when it can't get 4G. If it can't get 4G for whatever reason, there is no way to force it to do so.

That's just not true. On the thunderbolt you can force LtE only. If I leave it in auto it constantly goes between 3 and 4. When I set LTE only I get a solid 3 bars so don't say its only reverting to 3g because it can't get 4g...you're just talking out of your ass.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
That's just not true. On the thunderbolt you can force LtE only. If I leave it in auto it constantly goes between 3 and 4. When I set LTE only I get a solid 3 bars so don't say its only reverting to 3g because it can't get 4g...you're just talking out of your ***.

i dont really see the need for that last comment or the language.

.. i have only found options for CDMA only and LTE automatic on the charge. im trying to go through hidden menus and there is an option for LTEmode but i think this is equal to LTE automatic so, so far i have not seen an LTE only option

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
That's just not true. On the thunderbolt you can force LtE only. If I leave it in auto it constantly goes between 3 and 4. When I set LTE only I get a solid 3 bars so don't say its only reverting to 3g because it can't get 4g...you're just talking out of your ass.

Funny, I thought this was a Charge forum. It's nice the TBold can do it, but the Charge can't. So you were wrong and pretty classless in how you responded to what was a correct statement. Gotta love public forums.

Reactions: graybeardnc

xRodo

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Funny, I thought this was a Charge forum. It's nice the TBold can do it, but the Charge can't. So you were wrong and pretty classless in how you responded to what was a correct statement. Gotta love public forums.

Classless, maybe, but that doesn't make the original statement correct. I haven't figured out a way to do it yet, but if I do, I'll let you know. I'm having the same problem with my phone switching to 3G when I am driving around in my 4G city. If I am standing still, it is perfect 4G, but when I start moving, I find it switching back and forth some.

ellje

May 7, 2011
Visit site

That's funny... He gave a TRUE statement for the Charge... i don't see anything about the bolt in his statement. If you beleive his statement to be false, how about you teach us how LTE can be forced on the Charge?

xRodo

May 24, 2011
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad