Anandtech review - droid charge

basscadet

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
That's a fantastic review but I do wonder if the reviewer realizes that the consumer doesn't care about how "efficient" a phone is with power.

The fact of the matter is that the Charge will last longer on a single charge than the Thunderbolt will. God knows, this forum is thick with former Thunderbolt owners.

HTC made a stupid decision to put a tiny battery in their phone and that decision has cost them.

terrapin01

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
The fact of the matter is that the Charge will last longer on a single charge than the Thunderbolt will. God knows, this forum is thick with former Thunderbolt owners.

Is that because the standby life is better? I don't understand why the Charge pulls up the rear in almost every battery life test on that review; I would expect it to beat the other LTE phones, based on the specs.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Is that because the standby life is better? I don't understand why the Charge pulls up the rear in almost every battery life test on that review; I would expect it to beat the other LTE phones, based on the specs.

I was wondering that too. They talk a lot about efficiency, which I agree is not that important in-and-of-itself, but at the same all those baat life tests were done with the phones themselves so the larger battery of the Charge was already factored in.

The results show a different story than people?s reports in forums.

Also, (and I don?t remember if it was in this review or the LG Rev review, but the Tbolt was shown to have pretty good signal sensitivity, even though HTC usually gets panned for poor reception.

While I respect the voices of people that have had both units, I also have a lot of respect for Anand?s thoroughness in reviewing gadgets. :confused:

-Suntan

richardpandy

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
I do think the reception on the TB is better then on the Charge. I find myself in areas that I got 4G before, getting 3G now. I don't really care that often but sometimes I like to stream heavy things and I KNOW I should have 4G considering I work in Los Angeles where 4G is widespread.