I've put up several posts in other threads about the serious lag I was experiencing on my Charge (I've had it for two weeks). Today while playing a baseball game, the phone started to freeze/stutter. All the buttons stopped working. After a minute, the phone went to the droid welcome screen and was stuck there. Still none of the buttons worked. I gave it about 10 minutes before I popped out the battery and popped it back in. After this reboot, it was still stuck on the droid welcome screen but this time when I clicked the power button, it went to the home screen and everything was back to normal. Since this incident, the lag I was experiencing is gone and I'm really glad about that. Anyone experience this or know what its about?

Edit: I should add that last night, I tried to install an app by having it sent from the android market on a desktop. I tried twice and nothing ever installed. After the reboot today, the app installed.
    06-22-2011 10:30 AM
    I've noticed lag pick up significantly over the last week... I'm not sure what's causing it or how to fix it. Nothing that I'm too concerned with, but it wasn't there before, either.
    06-22-2011 12:36 PM
    I've noticed lag pick up significantly over the last week... I'm not sure what's causing it or how to fix it. Nothing that I'm too concerned with, but it wasn't there before, either.
    Exactly! It started happening about a week or so ago for me too. Did you try restarting the phone?
    06-22-2011 12:38 PM
    Haven't tried, yet... I'll do that right now... out of curiosity.

Is this tied to EE4? I updated it a week ago Sunday.
    06-22-2011 12:39 PM
    Haven't tried, yet... I'll do that right now... out of curiosity.

Is this tied to EE4? I updated it a week ago Sunday.
    Let us know if the restart helps. It did for me. It could be tied to EE4, I'm not sure. I updated around that same time as well.
    06-22-2011 12:41 PM
    Let us know if the restart helps. It did for me. It could be tied to EE4, I'm not sure. I updated around that same time as well.
    Alright, I'm giving it a restart right now.

I'll try report back in a day or two. I don't have any specific instances where the lag time is high... it just seems to happen randomly throughout the day while checking email, opening apps, getting the widget list to pop up when placing a widget on the homescreen, etc.
    06-22-2011 12:45 PM
    Glad I'm not the only one. I'm getting random lag as well. Thought when I got rid of the BB I was done with battery pulls.
    06-22-2011 01:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD