When I finally got my Charge, I was very disappointed to find 4 pages of icons for apps I don't want/need but can't delete. I got past it and organized my app list where I can easily find the ones I use and don't even have to scroll through the ones I don't use. One problem still persists, however. Because I use gmail, I am using the gmail app to check my email. I find that I receive a notification for each email in the gmail app, then minutes later I receive a notification from the regular email app for the same email, even after it has already been read (and marked as read) in the gmail app. This occurs with about 80% of my emails. I also do not understand why it does not occur 100% of the time; the inconsistency seems completely arbitrary so far. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this? I prefer the gmail app simply because I receive my notifications instantly (as opposed to a ~5 minute delay with the email app) and 100% of the time. I would very much like to delete the general email app, but seeing as that is impossible (thanks Verizon), I am seeking alternate solutions.
    06-22-2011 01:28 PM
    Spam filter in gmail might be the reason you don't see all messages duplicated.
    06-22-2011 01:31 PM
    Spam filter in gmail might be the reason you don't see all messages duplicated.
    The only problem with that is that when I log into my gmail on my PC, all of the emails are in my inbox, not the spam folder. Also, some of the messages that show up on the gmail app and not the email app are my WSJ updates, which never go to spam.
    06-22-2011 01:38 PM
    Dunno then.

I use K9 Mail (it essentially replaces the native email app) and Gmail, and I find K9 gets me my messages instantaneously, while the lag for GMail can be 15 minutes or more. I haven't yet found out how to change my GMail polling frequency.
    06-22-2011 02:19 PM
    When I finally got my Charge, I was very disappointed to find 4 pages of icons for apps I don't want/need but can't delete. I got past it and organized my app list where I can easily find the ones I use and don't even have to scroll through the ones I don't use. One problem still persists, however. Because I use gmail, I am using the gmail app to check my email. I find that I receive a notification for each email in the gmail app, then minutes later I receive a notification from the regular email app for the same email, even after it has already been read (and marked as read) in the gmail app. This occurs with about 80% of my emails. I also do not understand why it does not occur 100% of the time; the inconsistency seems completely arbitrary so far. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this? I prefer the gmail app simply because I receive my notifications instantly (as opposed to a ~5 minute delay with the email app) and 100% of the time. I would very much like to delete the general email app, but seeing as that is impossible (thanks Verizon), I am seeking alternate solutions.
    I believe there is a setting in one or both about notifications that needs to be checked. Why not read the post about rooting and get rid of all the bloat. Its super easy and makes the phone like a whole new device.
    xRodo likes this.
    06-22-2011 06:48 PM
    I believe there is a setting in one or both about notifications that needs to be checked. Why not read the post about rooting and get rid of all the bloat. Its super easy and makes the phone like a whole new device.
    Thanks, I actually figured it out before I read your post, but you were exactly right.
    06-23-2011 10:50 AM