So i just got home with my charge and love it. Upgraded from original Moto Droid. Only thing i miss is the green blinking light on the droid when i had a message/email (so that i didn't have to unlock/wake up the phone to see if i had a message) is there any way to do this on the charge? or am i stuck waking the phone up everytime i want to see if i have a message
    06-22-2011 10:47 PM
    The Charge doesn't come with a notification LED, so it's not possible, no. However, you could download NoLED—it displays notification icons/dots on the screen for phones without notification LEDs.
    06-22-2011 11:33 PM
    [QUOTE=mjbirr;1022125]So i just got home with my charge and love it. Upgraded from original Moto Droid. Only thing i miss is the green blinking light on the droid when i had a message/email (so that i didn't have to unlock/wake up the phone to see if i had a message) is there any way to do this on the charge? or am i stuck waking the phone up everytime i want to see if i have a message[/

If I was you I would reconsider, as this makes a smartphone ....dumb

Sent from my Sexy Nexus 4G
    06-22-2011 11:35 PM
    although the tb has led i found it almost as annoying as having no led. it flashes green for everything (except while charging) and i have to check to see what it is anyways. i liked it on my droid x where i could have all 3 email with different color led. and different led for sms, fb, google voice, etc etc
    06-23-2011 01:15 AM
    although the tb has led i found it almost as annoying as having no led. it flashes green for everything (except while charging) and i have to check to see what it is anyways. i liked it on my droid x where i could have all 3 email with different color led. and different led for sms, fb, google voice, etc etc
    Agreed I hated it on the tb. I use noled. Make sure to shut off the button backlight option

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    06-23-2011 01:21 AM
    NoLED works almost as good as the Blackberry app BeBuzz. I can see instantly that I have an email, or text, or calendar reminder when my phone is on silent at work. Yes, it is not as bright as the LED on the BB Storm2 but I found that I almost never have my phone so far away that it matters.

This one of my top 5 apps.
    06-23-2011 01:48 PM
    as another above poster had said already use the free program "Noled". Go into the apps and then Market and search for Noled.

It's actually better than a flashing led like I had on my BB.

It's a little tricky to get it working though with the various check marks you need to do.

I posted what I did to get it working in this link at the bottom of the thread:

No LED notification.... - Android Forums

Let me know if you get it working or I might have to edit what I typed out and tweak the steps I did.
    I had to restore my device last week so I had to do the NoLed set up again and I edited what I posted and I got it working again!

I used the floating envelopes instead of the colored dots.
    It's cool when you have say a text message come in and you look at the black screen and a small floating envelope is moving around the black screen. Does the same for different email accounts and missed calls too only with a different icon for each alert.

It goes off too if you put the charge in your pocket or turn the screen face down on a table (uses the proximity sensor) shuts off the envelopes to save on the battery.
    06-23-2011 05:38 PM
    as another above poster had said already use the free program "Noled". Go into the apps and then Market and search for Noled.

It's actually better than a flashing led like I had on my BB.

It's a little tricky to get it working though with the various check marks you need to do.

I posted what I did to get it working in this link at the bottom of the thread:

No LED notification.... - Android Forums

Let me know if you get it working or I might have to edit what I typed out and tweak the steps I did.
    I had to restore my device last week so I had to do the NoLed set up again and I edited what I posted and I got it working again!

I used the floating envelopes instead of the colored dots.
    It's cool when you have say a text message come in and you look at the black screen and a small floating envelope is moving around the black screen. Does the same for different email accounts and missed calls too only with a different icon for each alert.

It goes off too if you put the charge in your pocket or turn the screen face down on a table (uses the proximity sensor) shuts off the envelopes to save on the battery.
    Does it take a noticeable hit on the battery?
    06-23-2011 05:42 PM
    Does it take a noticeable hit on the battery?
    Depends how disciplined you are with it. When i am walking around with it in my pocket I turn it off. But if I am sitting at my desk I leave it on and will check the text/email right away so it doesn't blink and drain the battery...

The widget is easy to toggle it on and off.
    06-24-2011 08:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD