Rooting Droid vs Thunderbolt

OhioG

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys, I am new to this whole Android smartphone business. I am stuck between the Droid Charge and Thunderbolt. I was just browsing around and trying to gather as much information as I could before I made the choice. I was looking into the rooting aspect. Rooting the thunderbolt looked like a pain in the rear from what I gathered. I was looking at the site, and is it as easy as using Odin3 and a zip file to root the Charge?

I was initially leaning towards the HTC Thunderbolt because of stories on how slow Samsung used to be in updates. (Sister had Fascinate). My biggest concern with Samsung is that in every review I read how the Flash on the Charge would lock up where as the Thunderbolt didn't, as well as laggy interface from time to time. I personally wouldnt mind lower stock battery time as I could get another one more powerful one.

If rooting is easy then I'd jump all over the Charge because it would eliminate the lag and I'd assume that rooted Charge is as fast as an unrooted HTC.

OhioG

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
While, I am at it, How well do rooted Charge phones work with Google Voice? Google Voice is very important for me.

richardpandy

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
Rooting the Thunderbolt is cake walk. YOu hooked it up to the computer and hit some buttons, it does everything else. All I can say is I had 6 thunderbolts and I had nothing but problems and couldn't run my business properly with that phone. I am on the Charge now and haven't looked back once. I don't use google voice but the phone works as it should.

jkeene81

Feb 1, 2010
plus.google.com
After the EE4 update mine didnt lock up anymore and it only takes five minutes to root the charge, in fact it takes longer to download the drives and Odin then to actually root it so go look at them side by side and this screen will blow you away, not to mention the TB has all those reboot and battery issues that the Charge does not

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21