Hello members, I have a question, I finally had a friend of mine root my Charge, and for some reason when people call me it is not showing there facebook picture when they call, but they show up in my contact list and my text message list, i have sync'd it several times and still nothing when anyone calls me, does anyone have a fix for this issue or know what to do ?

Thank you
    Thomas
    06-25-2011 11:21 AM
    i am having the same issue....don't think it has anything to do with having your phone being rooted....because mine isn't....i am also interested if someone knows how to get this working....
    06-26-2011 09:27 AM
    Happening to me as well. I'm rooted, but no pics during calls.
    06-26-2011 10:28 PM
    it looks like we are having some issues and no one has a fix, come on people please help us haha
    06-28-2011 01:42 AM
    I think it has something to do with the way the contacts and FB contatcts interact. Cause you will notice the pictures show up in contacts but when you make or receive a call from a contact it does not.

On a side note. This is what I did I only have a 100 or so contacts so it did not take very long.

Open up your gmail go to contacs, Add an image then select get it from the web (URL) . Have a seperate tab open then copy the Image's url to your contact your adding the image 2 then. Crop what you want. Then Google imports it and its stored on your gmails contact.
    06-28-2011 09:09 AM
    On mine, in my Contacts, all the ones with ONLY the gmail icon beside the contact's name do not have a facebook picture when I call the certain contact. When I join each contact individually with facebook, I then get a facebook icon beside the gmail icon in my contacts list, therefore, when calling that contact will pop up the facebook picture.

Wowers...but I have over 130-140 contacts...I've done it this way before (took a while). But since I updated my ROM by wiping my device...I have to do it all over again. There has to be a easier way.

Under the Accounts & Sync settings I have 2 facebook syncs. One from the facebook app and another from adding the sync account manually. Having both works in different ways for me.

The sync that I manually setup has more settings like Sync Contacts, Sync Calendar and also SNS settings. But the facebook app settings only has Sync Contacts. If I did not setup the manual facebook sync, I would not be able to join the contact to facebook as I discussed in the first paragraph.

I may be just rambling, but yeah...that's my story.
    06-28-2011 10:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD