Launcher pro or ADW?

Nidaja

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting the charge tomorrow. I am not excited by touch wiz, and want to speed the phone up. Also interested in more customization. Which launcher replacement does the community recommend?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

NHLou

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I use GO Launcher too. Love it! Phone seems to run smoother with it.

Go Launcher, Widget Locker Lockscreen, Beautiful Widgets, and Perfect Task Switcher. It is about as un-TouchWiz as you can make it without rooting it.

hooskins

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I recommend reading up on rooting for a night and going with a rom. I had little idea what that meant a few days back and now im fully rooted and rommed.

richardpandy

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
I use LauncherPro. Never tried Go Launcher or any other ones. I actually have never cared for a different launcher but when I romed to GummyCharge I was pretty much forced to get a new one since I didn't care for what was provided.

Farabomb

May 23, 2011
www.azpinstalls.com
Ran LauncherPro for a week then switched to GO launcher and like it a lot better. Your mileage may vary but I'd try them both and see what you like better.

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
My phone was acting quirky over the last several days. I deleted GL and went back to TW and all is fine. In fact the phone is now faster than it was before. Go figure.

basscadet

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I just bought my Droid Charge last week. Had Touchwiz on the phone for about 48 hours before putting Launcher Pro on it.

I wish I would have done it 48 hours earlier. The phone should SHIP with Launcher Pro installed, it's that much better. Unbelievable that some independent App Developer can make a better launcher than a huge company like Samsung.

mdotsteele

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I was rocking launcher pro for the longest and just must recently switched to ADW. I'm liking ADW alot more, seems to be more customization.

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I just bought my Droid Charge last week. Had Touchwiz on the phone for about 48 hours before putting Launcher Pro on it.

I wish I would have done it 48 hours earlier. The phone should SHIP with Launcher Pro installed, it's that much better. Unbelievable that some independent App Developer can make a better launcher than a huge company like Samsung.

In my case Go Launcher was causing issues that I blamed on the phone. As soon as I deleted it and went back to TW, everything was fine and things sped up. So I think results may vary.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1