just brought my charge home today, been playing with it all night of course. had a blackberry bold that wasn't cutting it anymore. First question: is there a way to change how long until the screen goes dark? I realize you can change how long until it locks, that's not what i'm asking about.

second: can you assign a contact a specific text message tone, different than the general one? i see where you can assign them a ringtone, but assuming that is for a phone call, not a message alert

third: is there a way to make a page called favorites (I think i saw that on the thunderbolt) or is the only option to add the shortcuts "direct dial" and "direct message"

fourth: i loved my quicklaunch app on my blackberry - is there something similar to that in the android marketplace?

thanks, i'm sure i'll have more questions. I've been reading the forums and that did help with some of my other questions.
    06-26-2011 10:04 PM
    just brought my charge home today, been playing with it all night of course. had a blackberry bold that wasn't cutting it anymore. First question: is there a way to change how long until the screen goes dark? I realize you can change how long until it locks, that's not what i'm asking about.

second: can you assign a contact a specific text message tone, different than the general one? i see where you can assign them a ringtone, but assuming that is for a phone call, not a message alert

third: is there a way to make a page called favorites (I think i saw that on the thunderbolt) or is the only option to add the shortcuts "direct dial" and "direct message"

fourth: i loved my quicklaunch app on my blackberry - is there something similar to that in the android marketplace?

thanks, i'm sure i'll have more questions. I've been reading the forums and that did help with some of my other questions.
    one more already - how do i remove the built in sig line "sent from my droid charge....."
    06-26-2011 10:05 PM
    one more already - how do i remove the built in sig line "sent from my droid charge....."
    I only know this one.

When your in your email, hit menu hard key>more>settings>signature
    06-27-2011 12:05 AM

question one: on home page push menu, setting, display, screen timeout

question two: i think you can with 3rd party apps like handcent

question three: page as in web page or?

question four: where you push menu and it gives you a bunch of options? not that i know off but i just use shortcuts and widgets on the screen.

so all in all i only really answered only 1 question but hey its the thought that counts right?
    06-27-2011 01:10 AM
    question one: on home page push menu, setting, display, screen timeout

question two: i think you can with 3rd party apps like handcent

question three: page as in web page or?

question four: where you push menu and it gives you a bunch of options? not that i know off but i just use shortcuts and widgets on the screen.

so all in all i only really answered only 1 question but hey its the thought that counts right?

question three: for contacts that you either call, email or text a lot - when i was playing with the thunderbolt at verizon, they had a specific screen already set up for favorites like that - i have a screen set up with the direct dial and direct message, but since i have some people i want to be both in dial and message, i'm getting confused maybe my best bet is to just have a contact screen and then make the choice after i touch the specific contact

hey, even one question answered is more than i knew before so thanks!
    06-27-2011 06:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD