So I put a pass word keeper program ("password keepox") on my Charge. It's now the one I'm keeping as I got some better suggestions when I asked a ? here on suggestions on password keeper apps. I didn't see these small ads pushing initially through.

I'm going to change to one of the ones suggested but I have not had time yet because I have so many entries to input again.

But regarding safety . . . since the one I'm using now has ads. And when you download it it asks for permission to link you to the webs (so you can see their ads of course).

I still coded my passwords within the app though.

But I notice a lot of free apps do it this way to push ads to you. I understand that they need to make money on the app but . . .

How safe are they? It didn't feel right giving them permission to do so, especially for a password app!

But it's a little late now!
    06-27-2011 07:03 AM
    I would recommend using Keepass. It's known to be secure, works very well, and is known as one of the best password managers out there.
    06-27-2011 10:41 AM
    I would recommend using Keepass. It's known to be secure, works very well, and is known as one of the best password managers out there.
    Thx I just downloaded it. I looks like it also needed another app for it to run "OI file manager" I installed that one too.

How do I create a new password to start Keepass and what's the need for OI file keeper?
    thx
    06-27-2011 08:00 PM
    Thx I just downloaded it. I looks like it also needed another app for it to run "OI file manager" I installed that one too.

How do I create a new password to start Keepass and what's the need for OI file keeper?
    thx
    I'm just going to direct you here, as every question you have can be answered there. The program may seem complex, but it is very easy and simple to use.
    06-27-2011 08:42 PM
    I'm just going to direct you here, as every question you have can be answered there. The program may seem complex, but it is very easy and simple to use.
    Thx, I was in another Keepass FAQ this AM. I think what is confusing is that it's also a desktop/laptop based program that works with the Charge. The laptop I use at work I'm blocked from installing new software. I'll try to get it working with my home laptop and read the link you pointed me too. I do like the idea of adding passwords on a laptop cause it's easier. I don't use sync though like Google sync for security purposes so I don't know if syncing is involved with Keepass.
    06-28-2011 11:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD