I can't just be me? 60% of my calls are garbled!

Mikewired

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I am on my second phone and calls are still garbled, are some people just putting up with this? I have a hard time understanding people, and I get comments that o am also hard to understand. what gives. I love the phone, I have also accepted that I will have to get a second battery. LTE is great!!! But right now my AT&T iPhone blows the charge away in voice quality. I have tried using the different vocoders, noise suppression on/off. I have three days left of my 14 trial period. I did have a vow tech support rep tell me that each phone exchange starts a new 14 day period, is this true?

dhp106

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
My phone quality is crystal clear. And loud. Often times I have to turn the volume down even outside. Maybe its Verizon in your area. Other reviews state great call quality also.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

ron.teed

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: I can't just be me ??? 60% of my calls are garbled !!!

Not just you.. same here. I'm in Atlanta. Friend has Charge as well, and has the same issues. I'm inclined to believe it's an Atlanta thing, as she is on her second phone, with the same problems.

Love the Charge.. but really need resolution to this problem. It's a phone after all. I need it to work right. Especially after paying nearly $300 for it.

Mikewired

May 29, 2011
Visit site

It happens on 4g and 3g. Calls seem better when talking to a landline but only slightly. I have been on the phone last night and today with both vzw and samsung tech support. I had both tech support people call me on the charge and they both admitted their was a problem?? I called the local vzw store today and have an appt with one of the managers to see about a third swap....... we'll see.....

hawg57

May 30, 2011
Visit site

My call quality sucks!! Just got the phone this past weekend but thinking about going back to my X!

Bravozero

Drroooiiiiddddd
Jan 9, 2010
Visit site

What I find is when I talk to people using Blackberrys and IPhones I get garbled calls.

Lol... when I talk to people using Blackberry's or iPhone's I get hateful calls.

Mikewired... my first Charge had call issues but the next two replacements were just fine. After returning for a refund and getting the phone from Costco, this model is perfect in every aspect so far.

It could be the area you live in or, like me a few weeks ago, you're getting a bad batch of phones.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I have no issues with call quality, but my earpiece definitely is very peaky and rattles too much. I don't make too many calls so its not a huge deal, but it can still be annoying.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I truly think its a system issue and not a handset issue. Some of my calls are crystal clear some are not. If all my calls were bad I would say it could be the handset. Like the header says 60% are garbled and that is about true for me as well. I notice the issue when its cell to cell more than cell to land line. Yesterday I talked to my friend in LA on his Blackberry and I really had to concentrate on what I was hearing to understand him. Two hours later I talked to my friend Linda in Detroit on her cell and the call was perfect and clear.

mtbtweety

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Having the same issue. If I hang up and retry the call, it usually works. Think I'm going to head back to Costco to try another phone.....

keatonandrew

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I've had three phone calls since I got the phone (when it came out) where I had to call the person back as I couldn't understand them at all, there was a crazy layer of static over their voice when they talked. Calling back fixed the issue every time. I'm also in Atlanta, to the person that noted issues in this area.

kadiir

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm only 11 days in but I haven't received any complaints and it sounds fine on my end. Since most of my calls are with my wife, rest assured I'd hear about it if there was a problem :)

dressagerider

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I have only noticed this when speaking with one friend whom has a blackberry. Every other call (and I make a lot of calls) are crystal clear. I wonder if it is a blackberry issue or a blackberry/charge issue?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer