I want to use some ringtones that I downloaded for Notifications. Especially when emails come in.
    They are MP3's. I have them in the Media/Ringtones but they dont show up in the Notification Ringtones in the phone The do show up for the phone ringtones. Where can I put these that I can use them for the notificatnion ringtones?

Thanks
    06-28-2011 04:06 PM
    if you have handcent sms installed on your phone you should be able to use it to select mp3's as notifications instead of the default android selection...
    06-28-2011 07:35 PM
    simply create a folder named 'alarms' at the root of sd card, and copy your ringtones to it.

Sent from Droid Charge
    06-28-2011 07:50 PM
    OK I did that BUT I don't see the new tones in the Notification ringtones. How do I apply them to my email?

Thanks
    06-28-2011 09:03 PM
    Coming from the Original Droid, I used the same folder structure for the Charge. It seems to work for me for ringtones, notifications, & alarms.

I created a folder called media off the root of the sdcard
    sdcard/media

Then, in the media subfolder, I created more folders named:

alarms
    avatars (I just created this place for my contact pictures)
    music
    notifications
    ringtones
    video

On the Charge, when I am selecting a notification, all of the internal notifications are available for selection AS WELL AS anything I have stored in my sdcard/media/notifications folder.

Same with ringtones, alarms, etc. . .

HTH

Chris
    06-29-2011 07:04 AM
    Chris:
    Thank you. I tried what you told me earlier, to create a folder call alarms but that did not work. I put all of the mp3's that I wanted into a folder named notifications and put that in the \Media\Audio\ folder and that worked.

Thanks
    Ron
    06-29-2011 02:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD