I have, like a number of others, been having data connectivity problems. I was in the Verizon store today and I asked if they knew a way to "force" 3G, since I tend to switch between 4G and ZERO connectivity quite often.

He said sure, just go to "Settings", then "Wireless & network", then "Mobile networks", then "System selection" and then select CDMA mode. When I do this, instead of getting 3G or 1x or whatever, I find myself with no data connectivity at all. I wonder if this means my non 4G data isn't working at all, or do others also lose all data when selecting CDMA?

Thanks to anyone willing to tell me their result.

Joe
    06-28-2011 10:18 PM
    Yeah this isn't the case with my phone. Time to take it in.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    junksecret likes this.
    06-28-2011 11:43 PM
    That's definitely not normal. I can switch back and forth without any problems.
    junksecret likes this.
    06-29-2011 12:13 AM
    Yeah this works for me, i am able to get 3g, when i go back to LTE, i get no service in a strong LTE area.
    junksecret likes this.
    06-29-2011 12:18 AM
    Thanks for that, pretty clear I need to exchange it.

I appreciate the help.

Joe
    06-29-2011 03:06 AM
    Let me know if they exchange it, i was told that i could only have a refurbished unit mailed to me.

3 weeks old and already being screwed by Verizon
    06-29-2011 06:40 AM
    I had issues with this a couple weeks back... haven't seen any problems since EE4 with 3G/4G connectivity.
    06-29-2011 07:56 AM
    I have, like a number of others, been having data connectivity problems. I was in the Verizon store today and I asked if they knew a way to "force" 3G, since I tend to switch between 4G and ZERO connectivity quite often.

He said sure, just go to "Settings", then "Wireless & network", then "Mobile networks", then "System selection" and then select CDMA mode. When I do this, instead of getting 3G or 1x or whatever, I find myself with no data connectivity at all. I wonder if this means my non 4G data isn't working at all, or do others also lose all data when selecting CDMA?

Thanks to anyone willing to tell me their result.

Joe
    I get the no conectivity thing too. Basically the same as switching off mobile data... I just thought all those toggle 3G/4G widgets were broken...
    06-29-2011 08:29 AM
    No problem switching back and forth from 3G /4G/wifi. Looks like you've got a dud.
    06-29-2011 10:44 AM
    Actually it works for me now. I switched it to CDMA, and nothing happened for a while. So i restarted and was in 3G when in booted back up. Now I can switch back and forth and the connection comes up in about 30 seconds. Not sure if switching then rebooting was what did it, but all good for me now!
    06-29-2011 11:08 AM
    Well, I guess even a blind Verizon rep can find an occasional acorn. After arguing with me, saying that the method I describe doesn't toggle 3G & 4G and that CDMA was basically for "phone calls only", then him trying to tell me maybe it was a "tower" issue, and basically squirming about everything, he said "maybe it's the SIM card".

I'd of bet big against that fixing it but guess what? It toggles fine now between 3G & 4G. When I showed the rep he just said "uh huh".

Thanks to all for the help.

Joe
    06-29-2011 12:53 PM
    I havn't been in a 4G area with my charge yet, but I suddenly lost all 3G/1X connectivity. Took it to Verizon, they messed with the settings, replaced the sim, and finally did a hard reset. After the hard reset, I had "3G" connectivity, but it took over a minute to load google, and all was gone again after an hour. VZW is sending me a refubished charge, missed 14 day window by 5.
    06-29-2011 01:22 PM
    Sometimes, you need to turn of mobile network temporary then turn it back on or power cycle your phone and I am sure it will be back on.
    06-30-2011 01:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD