IMAP email not connecting to server...

neemo6

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Well since Ive had this phone about a month now, I have not been able to get my school email sent to my phone, which I never had an issue with this on the Droid1. When setting up the email account on the charge I get an "Unable to connect to server" message. Its starting to get extremely annoying. I have tried many different setting as I thought I was just inputting the incorrect information but this is not the case as I have entered the exact same info on another phone.
Steps I take:
Enter my email address: name@ivytech.edu
Enter my password: ***********
click IMAP account
takes me to Incoming/Outgoing server settings

User name: name
Password: **********
IMAP server: ivytech.edu
Port: 993
Security Type: SSL

SMTP server: gmail.com
port: 465
Security type: SSL

require sign in, ive tried both checked and unchecked
use verizon email gateway, tried both checked and unchecked as well

Ive followed these instructions to a T with no luck, anyone have any insight?
Setup Student Email - Android - Ivy Tech Community College

millemots

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I have IMAP working on the default Mail client, with five different accounts. Unfortunately, deleting on the phone doesn't delete on the server and, thus, deleted items keep coming back. Which is annyoing as all get out. So, I switched to K9.

Mail does work with IMAP (in my experience), but maybe you could give K9 or one of the other apps a try and see if that resolves your problem.

neemo6

May 31, 2011
Visit site
K9 works fine but for some reason i just never really been a fan of the K9 interface. After fiddling more around w/ the settings I can get the incoming server checked fine, but now on outgoing server im getting a wrong password screen. Here is the issue with that , there is nowhere to input a username/password for outgoing mail (smtp) which is different from my incoming mail(imap). Is there a way input a username/pass for the smtp credentials?

Danielle Lombardi

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Had to change my gmail password due security issue, now I'm unable to connect to email server to verify account info on my samsung galaxy 3. no response from servers is what I'm getting when i try to set incoming and outgoing settings, can anyone tell me what to do or what i've missed after resetting my password so I can receive email on my phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87