Hi All - - I am new to the Android world... recently upgraded from my old Alltel dinosaur to the Driod Charge. So far I really love the phone and all the capacities it has. I have a few questions for the more experienced users out there.

-Is there anyway to change the look of the clock on the Weatherbug App that's on the home screen?

-I have read lots on here about the battery life - Are there any general tips to get better life? I have the brightness on the screen as low as it will go, GPS, Bluetooth, Data Sync, WiFi, etc turned off... but it still seems like the battery does not make it through my 8 hour work day with only light to medium usage (Some app usage, and internet but mostly text messages and a few phone calls).

-I down loaded Task Killer, but now have read it's a bad idea... Should I uninstall it?

Any other hints/tricks would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!
    Tracy
    07-01-2011 07:13 PM
    If I where you I would uninstall task manager, escpesally if you have have it that it kills apps every time you lock the screen.
    07-01-2011 10:16 PM
    And if you open your task manager usually the first app to kill on the list is the task manager therefore its always running and therefore burning up battery, if you want to shut down apps use the task manager that Samsung put on the phone
    07-02-2011 08:45 AM
    It seems like these batteries take some charging cycles before they hold a full charge. After about a week of running my battery to 0% and then charging to 100%, I can get 14hrs on 4g on one charge and easily over 24hrs on wifi (light useage of course). Screen brightness doesn't change battery life much on my phone so I quit worrying about it, plus the screen is too beautiful not to enjoy!

The biggest battery saver, turn off the 4g radio if your phone is just chilling on your desk at work polling for twitter updates every now and then. I don't personally do this, but the lte radio is a battery hog!

My suggestion, and what I did, is to buy the charging cradle that comes with an extra oem battery, and then you can just enjoy your phone!
    07-03-2011 01:11 AM
    Where did you get the extra battery and cradle?
    07-03-2011 06:31 AM
    I am also curious about the weatherbug app... and the use of widgets in general on the home screen. Any tips re: customizing them?
    07-03-2011 09:58 AM
    I am also curious about the weatherbug app... and the use of widgets in general on the home screen. Any tips re: customizing them?
    Try Beautiful Widgets on the Android Market. It is a way better weather clock that the included Weatherbug widget. Weatherbug does not give the predicted high temp for the day. Beautiful Widgets does.
    07-04-2011 08:36 PM
    I would like to know about this as well since I have only been able to find them separately. if there is a bundle out there it would be awesome.
    07-05-2011 10:53 AM
    I would like to know about this as well since I have only been able to find them separately. if there is a bundle out there it would be awesome.

Here you go, hopefully this link works:

Desktop Charger w/ Battery
    fundragon likes this.
    07-05-2011 11:08 AM
    Here you go, hopefully this link works:

Desktop Charger w/ Battery
    well look at that lol never had the urge to check the actual verizon site i guess.

thanks!
    07-06-2011 01:41 PM
    well look at that lol never had the urge to check the actual verizon site i guess.

thanks!
    Just a heads up... Amazon has it for $11 cheaper and no tax for most.
    07-07-2011 10:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD