Just upgraded from a Samsung Fascinate to the Samsung Droid Charge yesterday. For some reason the phone will not mount the sd card when connected to the computer. Have the Fascinate usb drivers installed and that did not work. Installed the Charge drivers and the phone is still doing the same thing. It's like connecting then disconnecting in a loop. Don't know what to do, is this a common issue?

Also the store upgraded the phone to the latest software (EE4), how can I root? Any other advise about the phone will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

BB
    07-03-2011 02:01 PM
    Anyone else have this issue? Uninstalled the drivers, installed new ones and nothing. Tried to ODIN and it does the same thing connects for 1 sec and immediately disconnects. Do I have a bad phone?

BB
    07-04-2011 01:14 PM
    I had a similar experience using an old USB cable (which would charge from an outlet). Switched to the new USB which came with the Charge and all is well.

Recommend trying Altered Beast 5 to root EE4 phone.
    07-05-2011 03:16 PM
    try a new cable... came from a fascinate as well and my cable went bad so i just got a new one and it works great
    07-05-2011 04:17 PM
    Odin is picky. I had to put the battery back into the phone once it was connected via USB for Odin to stay connected.
    07-06-2011 12:12 AM
    My charge has been acting up as well lately... It charges fine, but when i plug it in to my computer it vibrates but nothing happens. Doesnt pop up with the "your charge is connected to a pc" dialog or anything just acts as if nothing happened.

If i leave my charge plugged in and restart my computer it will detect the phone but when i press connect on my charge it acts as if its loading but than just goes back to the screen that has the connect button.

Kinda weird..
    07-06-2011 03:12 AM
    Same thing here, USB cables don't work unless its the Samsung cable except to charge the battery.
    07-06-2011 03:44 AM
    I'm having a different issue with my charge and the usb cable...I plug it into the wall and it acts as if it's connected to the pc...mounts the sd card and everything...it's weird.
    07-06-2011 09:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD