Should I Do It?

rdearth53

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I have always wanted a Bionic since the day it was announced at CES. Time passed and no news about it brought me to purchase the Charge to lock in unlimited 4G, but now that we know that if you have unlimited 3G you can upgrade to a 4G device and keep your unlimited plan, so I might sell this and purchase the Bionic off contract when it launches, supposedly the end of this month. I still have my old Incredible around and would use that until I get the Bionic, then sell it too. I really, REALLY, do love this phone, but after following the Bionic so long and it is just about confirmed to come out later and get it for essentially free after selling the Charge and Incredible, it may be too much to resist. I just want the other awesome AC users to give me feedback on if this is a good idea or not. Thanks so much, and sorry for the long post!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I have always wanted a Bionic since the day it was announced at CES. Time passed and no news about it brought me to purchase the Charge to lock in unlimited 4G, but now that we know that if you have unlimited 3G you can upgrade to a 4G device and keep your unlimited plan, so I might sell this and purchase the Bionic off contract when it launches, supposedly the end of this month. I still have my old Incredible around and would use that until I get the Bionic, then sell it too. I really, REALLY, do love this phone, but after following the Bionic so long and it is just about confirmed to come out later and get it for essentially free after selling the Charge and Incredible, it may be too much to resist. I just want the other awesome AC users to give me feedback on if this is a good idea or not. Thanks so much, and sorry for the long post!

I got word from a verizon source at work that they scrapped the bionic now. The Droid 3 is set to launch in the near future, but as for the bionic it may be no more. I'll update if I find out whether this is for sure or not. I'm trying to find out what I can about it, but it's turning out to be a pretty well kept secret thus far. But do not count on it being released quite yet if at all.

droidbio

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I just bought my DC today. I went back and forth just like you. Verizon drives me crazy because they are very noncomittal. I would like to see them announce everything in advance.

I am relieved to have an awesome phone and have my unlimited locked in.

In a year or so they should have all of these bugs worked out.

You have to do what is best for you.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I got word from a verizon source at work that they scrapped the bionic now. The Droid 3 is set to launch in the near future, but as for the bionic it may be no more. I'll update if I find out whether this is for sure or not. I'm trying to find out what I can about it, but it's turning out to be a pretty well kept secret thus far. But do not count on it being released quite yet if at all.

Stop.

It hasn't been scrapped. Your source is an idiot.

atlantar6

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
It all depends if you can wait. I was hoping to get one 3 Months ago in the release date and it got pushed back, still not released yet!

jkeene81

Feb 1, 2010
plus.google.com
You could always get the Charge and sell it on ebay when the Bionic finally if ever comes out, its def one of your best options on Verizon right now!

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
This is a fact, the Bionic has NO current release date and is on indefinite hold because of network issues with the handset. Sound familiar? Sad but im afraid true. I have been told it will release once they get the bugs out next week? maybe six months from now? could be too!

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
This is a fact, the Bionic has NO current release date and is on indefinite hold because of network issues with the handset. Sound familiar? Sad but im afraid true. I have been told it will release once they get the bugs out next week? maybe six months from now? could be too!

You must have been that guys 'source'. STOP spreading lies and factually incorrect information.

The bionic is NOT on an indefinite hold, and it DOES have a release date. It just hasn't been announced to the public.

FFS this BS is getting real old.

rdearth53

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I have made my decision. The Charge does absolutely everything I need, and now with it being overclocked and running a custom ROM, is stupid fast. I have no lag at all. Sure, web pages would renderendera little.faster, but I can play 720p flash no problem in Opera Mobile. I am going to wait for a Nexus device on Verizon. If THAT will ever happen.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hisoka_Ryuzaki