Visit site
11Gb of usable memory = useless

how is this useless? looking at my TBolt stats:

SD card:
29.71GB Total space
24.02GB Available space

Internal:
1.52 Available space

I have more than I need on my phone and still have lots of space left. Do you have a lot of movies on your current device?

just trying to understand if 11GB really is not enough for most users.

JWatson4701

May 8, 2011
Visit site
I am a Spotify Premium user and I use it to its fullest; I have 16Gb of music alone on my TBolt. Throw in a few videos and a couple hundred pictures and it starts to add up. 11GB will be plenty for many, but just not for me. Don't get me wrong, this is going to be a great phone to the right user, but sadly I don't fit in the group.

bellken

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I think the reviewers will confirm that the battery is big enough. I have had a Droid DNA for a couple of days, and, I easily make it through the day with normal usage. If you are comparing the DNA to the GN2 (I have a Galaxy Note on hand), I think it like comparing a big phone to a mini-tablet.

msfraser302

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
how is this useless? looking at my TBolt stats:

SD card:
29.71GB Total space
24.02GB Available space

Internal:
1.52 Available space

I have more than I need on my phone and still have lots of space left. Do you have a lot of movies on your current device?

just trying to understand if 11GB really is not enough for most users.

My Tbolt:
SD Avail - 1.01 GB
Phone Avail - 0.77 GB

DNA with 11 GB is definetly an issue for me, lack of MicroSD slot would be a no-go for me.

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
I dont see how people on a 2gb shared data plan can use this phone without upping their data plan. Which is exactly why Verizon ordered the phone without an microSD slot.

obidos

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I was bummed about the lack of a sd card slot, but, there are some un-elegant solutions available. see Amazon.com: SANOXY Micro USB Host Mode OTG Cable Flash Drive SD T-Flash Card Adapter FOR Samsung GT-i9100 i9100 Galaxy S II 2 GT-N7000 Galaxy Note: Cell Phones & Accessories

I got one, but, I haven't tried it, yet.

thanks bellken! I could get by with one of those adapters so I wouldn't have to use the data for the cloud. now it just comes down to battery life in the wild.

obidos

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I've seen this quote a few times, but could not find anymore information. Is there a link to where the benefits of SLCD3 are listed?

google directed me to a post here in the forums:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/an...ng-hill-htcs-5-1080p-slcd3-upcoming-igzo.html
It is a new CG-S panel by sharp. It just went into production less than a week ago. It allows for better color reproduction, lower power consumption, smaller physical screen size, and of course, higher pixel density. It increases translucency, which lowers the amount of backlight needed, thus lower power consumption. However, this is not the upcoming IGZO tech that Sharp demoed earlier this year (basically further benefits - even lower power consumption)

CGS not IGZO Adorn new Sharp 5-inch HD Panel - Display Central

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
No Questions asked i would go DNA,samsung is built like a cheap toy,Amlod colors are to saturated and cannot handle outdoor use,The display alone is reason enough for me,no eyestrain,granted the battery and only 16 gb of storage could be a deal breaker for some.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
No Questions asked i would go DNA,samsung is built like a cheap toy,Amlod colors are to saturated and cannot handle outdoor use,The display alone is reason enough for me,no eyestrain,granted the battery and only 16 gb of storage could be a deal breaker for some.

I used to think the same thing regarding Samsung build quality and Amoled screens, but that's changed with the Galaxy S3 and Note 2. IMO, both have great build quality and feel very solid in hand. As to the Note 2's display, it's not pentile as past Amoleds have been, so it looks much, much better and is easily viewable outdoors. For more info, see these:

Quick screen comparison: Galaxy Note 2 versus Galaxy S3 | Android Central

Video by heelsandtech (starting at 5:28): Galaxy Note 2 Review And Note 1 Comparison - YouTube
05:28 DISPLAY
The pixel construction of the Note2's AMOLED display explained.
Comparison with Galaxy S3's PenTile AMOLED pixel make-up, as well as LCD pixel arrangement.
How websites, magazines, ebooks, and videos look on the display.
Sunlight legibility.
Colour accuracy of the display.
The four colour modes compared (dynamic, standard, natural, movie).