Pre-Order

bad1550

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
My upgrade eligible date is Nov 19. I called Verizon and cannot move my date up. I want to preorder today. Any ideas how to get around paying full retail?

jasoraso

May 17, 2010
Visit site
My upgrade eligible date is Nov 19. I called Verizon and cannot move my date up. I want to preorder today. Any ideas how to get around paying full retail?

You might try calling again. In my experience, Verizon has moved my date up by 3-4 weeks w/o much problem. You might call and see if you get a different result with a different rep.

HOWEVER, the last time I did that was right before the shared data went into effect, and although VZW moved my upgrade date (about 3 weeks), I was unable to get in on the pre-order for the SIII, so I had to settle for a galaxy nexus. VZW claimed that although the upgrade date was moved, the pre-orders were handled differently by their system, and I was unable to order the SIII.

So, your other option is to wait until Monday to pre-order.

FYI, I pre-ordered the DNA this morning, and my ship date is supposedly the 19th, w/ overnight shipping so it should arrive on the release date.

Jason_A

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I just pre-ordered mine. It's up on the Verizon site, or you can call and order over the phone. As you go through the pre-order process online, you'll get to a page that has accessories. Right now it's fairly limited selection - a few silicone cases, a plastic case with kickstand and a leather pouch. Otherwise nothing else specific for the DNA (dock, wireless charger, etc.)

Just a note regarding keeping your unlimited data. If you have multiple lines on your account, you can use the upgrade from a different line (that doesn't have unlimited data) to get the phone at the discounted price, and then just switch it over to your unlimited line. That's what I'm doing. We have 3 lines on our account, and mine is the only one that has unlimited data, so I'm using the upgrade from another line, but will activate the phone under my unlimited number.

FishPharm

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, question for ya. I never pre-ordered a phone. If we pre-order, will we actually get it the day it hits stores (21st) or is it better to just go buy it in the store? What are people thinking about the demand?

thirsy1258

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I have pre ordered two phones galaxy nexus and s3. In both of my experiences I wither got my phones afternoon or a day after release either way it was killing me waiting. I'm getting the note 2 but happened to be browsing this section. I'll walk in and get the note just in the morning time. Hope I could help. P. S it also depends on shipping and demand I've heard of people getting the phones early too

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

FishPharm

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I have pre ordered two phones galaxy nexus and s3. In both of my experiences I wither got my phones afternoon or a day after release either way it was killing me waiting. I'm getting the note 2 but happened to be browsing this section. I'll walk in and get the note just in the morning time. Hope I could help. P. S it also depends on shipping and demand I've heard of people getting the phones early too

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks, I called my closest Verizon store and they are holding one for me for Wednesday....I think this is the best route to go.

thefireguy286

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
My preorder page says shipping on the 19th. I've gotten all but 1 preorder from VZ the next day. If that holds I would have mine a day early. If not I'll have it the day it's in stores. Considering there's a good number of them already out there, Verizon doesn't seem to be keeping as closed a lid on it as they tend to.

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Why would you want to preorder it when you can wait a few days, if that long, for Amazon to offer a cheaper price and then have Best Buy match it?

colonel_panic

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I have same question - my upgrade is 19th - can I call and preorder midnight EST - NY

Thx
At 9PM PST MyVerizon page still said "upgrade available 11/16", but when I clicked "upgrade my device", it showed the discount pricing page :)

When I tried to add it to the cart, though, it came up at full price :(

Called VZ, she had same thing happen. Must be a weird glitch between time zones.

To answer your question, I don't know :D

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX