Wait and SEE with 2020 mah battery

Megaroad

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I think you would be surprised with the DNA, I think you could easily spread those 4-5 hours of screen time over 24 hours. The DNA is much more energy efficient than older LTE phones (rezound, thunderbolt, etc.). With light usage, I think a user could over 30 hours on a charge. This newest generation of LTE phones is head and shoulders above the 1st gen devices. I am not sure what you are basing your opinion on, but, I am basing my opinion on my experience with the DNA.

Even my Droid 2 with a 1440 mAh battery could go 30 hours on a charge with "light usage." The test is how well it lasts when you need to use it a lot. I'm basing my opinion on A) reviews, B) my assumptions about powerful screen vs. average battery and C) my lack of believe that HTC has suddenly found a formula that is dramatically more efficient than Samsung's, Motorola's, and Apple's.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
But of course then the size of your phone would be the size of your tablet, extrapolate the size of your tablet to your phone..

I was just answering his question. But considering that a phones like the DNA are getting so big I think a 3000mah battery isn't unreasonable.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

markymark

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
It seems as if right now there's no phone without significant compromises. I ended up choosing the Maxx HD for the battery life, storage space, and nice OS which is very close to stock with some good tweaks. On the other hand its build has too many flaws and the camera is just passable.

I will say though, that the screen is NOT weak. It's very sharp and bright. Text looks good on it. I guess if perfect color fidelity is important to you, then it's not the best, but most people, including me, aren't going to care about perfect color fidelity on a sub-5" screen.

Just curious what are the build flaws you found in the Maxx HD?

Megaroad

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Just curious what are the build flaws you found in the Maxx HD?

The metal pieces on the sides don't join together in a uniform way. The metal also bulges out from the rest of the frame just slightly near the volume button. And the seam where the metal joins up with the plastic on the front and the kevlar on the back isn't consistent - sometimes it's touching perfectly and sometimes there's a very slight space there.

The first one I got had these problems in a kinda pronounced way, so I exchanged it (at a different store, actually) and the guy there opened up a number of boxes for me and they all had slight flaws to one degree or another. Don't get me wrong, I like the phone, but the build isn't quite at the level that it should be imo, especially since the materials are so nice.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
It seems as if right now there's no phone without significant compromises. I ended up choosing the Maxx HD for the battery life, storage space, and nice OS which is very close to stock with some good tweaks. On the other hand its build has too many flaws and the camera is just passable.

I will say though, that the screen is NOT weak. It's very sharp and bright. Text looks good on it. I guess if perfect color fidelity is important to you, then it's not the best, but most people, including me, aren't going to care about perfect color fidelity on a sub-5" screen.

I think think S3 is still the best phone for covering all bases. It's still has certain things that could be better but these are subjective. For me I prefer the IPS LCD display over AMOLED, but other than this the S3 is about as close to perfect as you can get. Had the One X had a bigger battery it maybe even more perfect.

markymark

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
The metal pieces on the sides don't join together in a uniform way. The metal also bulges out from the rest of the frame just slightly near the volume button. And the seam where the metal joins up with the plastic on the front and the kevlar on the back isn't consistent - sometimes it's touching perfectly and sometimes there's a very slight space there.

The first one I got had these problems in a kinda pronounced way, so I exchanged it (at a different store, actually) and the guy there opened up a number of boxes for me and they all had slight flaws to one degree or another. Don't get me wrong, I like the phone, but the build isn't quite at the level that it should be imo, especially since the materials are so nice.

I see. Thanks. I plan to put a silicone gel case on it anyway so no big deal.

markymark

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I think think S3 is still the best phone for covering all bases. It's still has certain things that could be better but these are subjective. For me I prefer the IPS LCD display over AMOLED, but other than this the S3 is about as close to perfect as you can get. Had the One X had a bigger battery it maybe even more perfect.

The S3 for me was a little too big and felt plasticky. I prefer the form factor of the Maxx HD and I think it's just a much better looking phone and felt more solidly built. Of course it's subjective. Plus I read that the radios on the S3 are not as good. A phone is only as good as the signal.

varucell

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I plan on buying the DNA from best buy. I am going to see if it gets me through the day for a week or two. If it doesn't then I will get the note 2

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I plan on buying the DNA from best buy. I am going to see if it gets me through the day for a week or two. If it doesn't then I will get the note 2

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I would recommend that you wait until the 27th and then have Best Buy price match the Amazon price (program is suspended until then) , you'll likely save a nice amount of cash. Many people have saved money doing this for the razr maxx HD, although just to be safe I should say YMMV.

bellken

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Even my Droid 2 with a 1440 mAh battery could go 30 hours on a charge with "light usage." The test is how well it lasts when you need to use it a lot. I'm basing my opinion on A) reviews, B) my assumptions about powerful screen vs. average battery and C) my lack of believe that HTC has suddenly found a formula that is dramatically more efficient than Samsung's, Motorola's, and Apple's.

I hope you get the chance to use a DNA, I think it might change your opinions. I know it changed my opinion. And, it should be noted, that I did not claim the DNA is much more efficient than the newer Samsung, Motorola or Apple phones. I only claimed it was for efficient than the 1st gen LTE devices.

bellken

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I started this morning at 6:30 pst with 36% battery, with normal usage, including downloading a 128 mb update for Reign of Amira, I am down to 21% battery. In about 3:30 I used 15% battery, this includes about 10 minutes in an area of poor LTE coverage. This is real world usage, ymmv.

bellken

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
just noticed, the phone stopped charging. it got up to a 51% charge. The power pack is drained, in about 1:40 and, it only boosted my battery from 19% to 50%. I may need a bigger charger.

bellken

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
95% charged now, using an AC charger. In one hour and 20 minutes, the charge on my phone went from 50% to 95%. My lazy math says, it would take about 3 hours to fully charge the batttery. In case someone is interested in how long it takes to charge up a DNA.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
just noticed, the phone stopped charging. it got up to a 51% charge. The power pack is drained, in about 1:40 and, it only boosted my battery from 19% to 50%. I may need a bigger charger.

You will lose 30% of the charge from the battery charger due to inefficiencies. So if you have a 2100 mAh battery pack, you won't get more than 1470 mAh charge from it. To fully charge a 2020 mAh battery, you will need a 2900 mAh battery pack.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
95% charged now, using an AC charger. In one hour and 20 minutes, the charge on my phone went from 50% to 95%. My lazy math says, it would take about 3 hours to fully charge the batttery. In case someone is interested in how long it takes to charge up a DNA.

Thanks !!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza