I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!

xXBLACKBERRYXx5

May 18, 2012
Visit site
the only issue i have with this phone is the storage. if they had sd card support or at least 32gb on board id be super happy. but still google music is pretty groovy.

DC Damien

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Phil, what about the Amazon home page that I saw in the video. Is that something easily deleted or is always going to be present? Nothing against Amazon but it looks like Verizon might be taking things beyond the app drawer and forcing us to swipe past it on a daily basis.

Mikhail Balandra

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
is't true that their is 32 GB version coming? as that Chris Parker said...from HTC PR?. I thought It comes with ur beats headset as their commercial imply. kinda misleading. lol

mikeinmd

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Does this phone also offer full USB host support like the one x+ ??? The ability to hook up a mass storage device would go a long ways towards solving this 11 gig fiasco :-(

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
People are so quick to discount the battery life of the DNA. These people show their tech-unsaviness by ignoring advancements in technology. To all of them, I LOL @ you. Cheers. :cool:

Yet HTC themselves, in their documentation, cite an expectation of only about 12 hours of power in regular use. I can sometimes get that from my Bolt on a really good day. (I'm tempted to add "when the phone's turned off" or "if I'm using somebody else's phone" for the laugh, but I won't :-D)

Laughing at skeptics, tapping your heels together and wish-wish-wishing doesn't make these early reports represent any real significant advancement. IMO it'll take a couple of WEEKS before we see how this thing is doing with battery life. And then we'll have to take yet another look as these batteries start to AGE....

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2

anon(5356006)

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
What I find interesting is that with a 2020mAh battery, they rate it for 12.8 hours of usage. Whereas the MAXX HD has a 3300mAh battery and they rate it for 32 hours. How can a battery only 63% larger get 1.5x more usage time?

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
People are so quick to discount the battery life of the DNA. These people show their tech-unsaviness by ignoring advancements in technology. To all of them, I LOL @ you. Cheers. :cool:
Yes people forget the processor uses technology from tatooine, the screen has the latest from vulptar, and the battery is uranium! Lol. What advancements do you think have been made since the last phone released? There is no way in hell this thing is hanging with the Maxx, it could and should have. It is a shame and a sham!

easyrun99

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Yes people forget the processor uses technology from tatooine, the screen has the latest from vulptar, and the battery is uranium! Lol. What advancements do you think have been made since the last phone released? There is no way in hell this thing is hanging with the Maxx, it could and should have. It is a shame and a sham!

Well, it actually doesn't have to "hang" with the HD Maxx...it just has to hang with the S3 and HD...not sure it can/will, but comparing it to a phone that's 150% more expensive seems unfair.

If you're comparing to the similarly priced non-HD Maxx, then a buyer has to weigh superior screen and processor with battery life; doesn't make it a "sham", just a choice...

Last edited:

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Can you talk more about the LCD3 display, how does.it compare to the AT&T GN2. What's the likelihood we will see.a AT&T variant for the Holidays.

It's like the HOX display. Better than the GN2, I think, especially with this many pixels.

Have no idea if this design will hit other carriers officially ...