I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!

X0LARIUM

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Any way is it like the neXus⁴ when it comes to radios?
I mean..globally unlocked? Only GSM? ONLY CDMA? Etc..

Sent from my RaZr HD.

MittenSportsFan

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I just wanna known why you would choose this over the note. It is obviously a great device but with the skeptical battery that may only get worse over time what is the crack?
I know that a lot of us were looking at this and the Galaxy Note 2, I don't believe they are direct competitors.
The GN2 is a niche device that will not get a lot of attention outside of forums like these.
It is too big to be a volume device and is in between the large smartphones that top out about 5" and the mini tablets at 7".

The DNA is aimed at the high end volume smartphones like the iphone5, Galaxy S3, RAZR HD, etc. These are the high end smartphones that are leading the market.
How does the DNA stack up against these phones as opposed to the GN2?

Sqube

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Here's a question that I don't think I've seen asked yet. Of the 16GB on the device, only 11 are available.

What did HTC/VZW put on the device to eat up 5 gigs of storage? It seems to add insult to injury.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Phil, how difficult is it to press that unlock button up top? Is it cumbersome to do with one hand?

It's pretty easy. But then again I've been working out.

I see what you're asking. HTC moved it there because they thought it would make it easier to reach since the phone's a little taller than usual. I'm inclined to agree.

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Here's a question that I don't think I've seen asked yet. Of the 16GB on the device, only 11 are available.

What did HTC/VZW put on the device to eat up 5 gigs of storage? It seems to add insult to injury.

That's just the way it is. It's the way it's always been. You have to have an OS. And the math never adds up anyway. Not unique to the DNA.

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
I know that a lot of us were looking at this and the Galaxy Note 2, I don't believe they are direct competitors.
The GN2 is a niche device that will not get a lot of attention outside of forums like these.
It is too big to be a volume device and is in between the large smartphones that top out about 5" and the mini tablets at 7".

The DNA is aimed at the high end volume smartphones like the iphone5, Galaxy S3, RAZR HD, etc. These are the high end smartphones that are leading the market.
How does the DNA stack up against these phones as opposed to the GN2?

I agree. The DNA still feels like a phone. The Note feels like ... something else. :)

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Hey Phil, does the phone measure up 2 the hype? Will this be a game changer for HTC? They are getting better wit the one series. So will this help boost HTC? Or go unnoticed because of how strong Sammy and apple are?

It's important to remember how Verizon is extremely important here in the U.S., but still pretty small when you look at the global picture. Game-changer? I think we need to look at next year for that. But HTC's problem hasn't really been on the hardware side for the most part. (Not counting the Bolt. :p )

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
NightAngel thanks for the posts! I guess Phils busy catching up. Have you guys taken it outside yet? Gizmodo did a side by side with like 5 phones and they claimed it was difficult(more) to see outside in sun or bright areas.

You can see the display just fine in direct sunlight. Dunno what their problem was.

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
I have an interesting question. We all know that HTC loves to say they are big on customization but if i remember correctly..the HTC hub(skin downloader, wallpaper downloader etc..) was left out of the HTC Thunderbolt..not sure about their new phones. So my question is does this phone support the HTC HUB and all it's skin downloads are do we just have access to whatever the phone already comes with?

Oooooooo. Good question. I don't see it.

madkoda12

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I have an interesting question. We all know that HTC loves to say they are big on customization but if i remember correctly..the HTC hub(skin downloader, wallpaper downloader etc..) was left out of the HTC Thunderbolt..not sure about their new phones. So my question is does this phone support the HTC HUB and all it's skin downloads are do we just have access to whatever the phone already comes with?

Phil could you answer this also?

edit:
Sorry i didnt notice you answered!

NightAngel79

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
Nightangel, thanks for your info! Seems like all those notification icons are all white? Not that it matters tremendously, but that seems a little boring. ;-)

What's your experience with the GPS signal? Fast and accurate?

Fast and accurate! Used Nav a few times already. Which notification icons are you referring to?

NightAngel thanks for the posts! I guess Phils busy catching up. Have you guys taken it outside yet? Gizmodo did a side by side with like 5 phones and they claimed it was difficult(more) to see outside in sun or bright areas.

Well, haven't been getting much sunlight lately. But I haven't noticed any problems

Don't see Hub any where :(

The reason the Maxx is not selling like hot cakes is because it also misses the mark in other areas like camera and screen quality.

The DNA is the perfect phone minus the battery.

Disagree, battery is not a minus. They could have done better but so far not a negative

Good question, will poke around

reb422

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Is the rear speaker LOUD? and if you had to chose between the GS3 and DNA for 1-2 years... which would you take? Thanks

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Fast and accurate! Used Nav a few times already. Which notification icons are you referring to?

I see a coupla tweety birds, an email icon, Google +, all on the notification bar. Just coincidence that they're all white in color or are notifications all monochrome?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz