I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
You're comparing Apples to Oranges friend. HTC One X is not running the beast of Quad Core the DNA is and DNA has an AMAZING GPU on top of that with twice as much ram. So yes it is a comparison but like ton of other post in this thread...it is not fair comparison. This phone is a whole new type of top end so internal parts can only be fairly compared to a few other devices right now. Then you take next to no phones have this quality of a display it is using that sexy new third generation glass.

Probably also helps loading times when you don't have to check / mount the SD card, but I can't confirm this so maybe someone else can?

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Currently, not apps support the new screen. In some cases, you may need the HD version - Angry Birds Space for example.

I had a problem with swiftkey3, too, so, I am trying the default keyboard, which, is actually quite nice. The swiftkey3 keyboard disappeared, while trying to set up permissions for the Amazon App store. Switching back to the default keyboard solved the problem.

Yikes. This is a deal breaker x 10.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I am ok with getting 8 hours out of the phone with moderate use. My concern is with the battery lifespan. After a hundred charges/discharges how much life can we expect out of this battery? I don't want to sign a 2 year contract and have the phone a year later with 2 hours of battery life. Like I mentioned before, I am on my third HTC replaceable battery now. What do people with embedded batteries do besides simply upgrading the phone? I have asked around and most tell me they just suffer with poor battery life until they are eligible for an upgrade. Is this a legitimate concern or am I missing something?

What irritates me is that we even need to have this discussion. It annoys me that HTC's customers have to even wonder if this top of the line phone can last a full day of heavy use. We all know it is possible to have a battery that lasts longer than this, so I can't help but wonder what kind of blunder head at HTC is making the same decision over and over again to not put in a battery that guarantees customer satisfaction?

We can talk all day about how an iPhone5 lasts with a small battery, but we all know that Android is different and demands more.

Sink or swim HTC. If this phone flops you deserve it.

Appogee

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Unless you work some magic HTC J should NOT work on Verizon it only has these antenna's, none of which are CMDA or LTE -

With all of what I've seen about the J Butterfly's radios, the J Butterfly is CDMA/GSM/UMTS/GPRS w/ LTE.

KDDI, the carrier with the J Butterfly release: Japan Mobile Tech: More details on KDDI 4G LTE, iPhone 5 battery, and tethering
Uses LTE 2100 bands, so... Maybe you get lucky and you have support for 700mhz on the J Butterfly. But... I would be weary... Just wait until an actual global launch.

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
What irritates me is that we even need to have this discussion. It annoys me that HTC's customers have to even wonder if this top of the line phone can last a full day of heavy use. We all know it is possible to have a battery that lasts longer than this, so I can't help but wonder what kind of blunder head at HTC is making the same decision over and over again to not put in a battery that guarantees customer satisfaction?

We can talk all day about how an iPhone5 lasts with a small battery, but we all know that Android is different and demands more.

Sink or swim HTC. If this phone flops you deserve it.

this is my main gripe exactly. i don't even know what thought process went into putting a small capacity battery on a beast of a phone. they are touting the phone can do this or that and everything in between, but they don't give you the power to do them. only way for the battery to be sufficient is to not use the phone for those things it's being touted for....

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
The reason the Maxx is not selling like hot cakes is because it also misses the mark in other areas like camera and screen quality.

The DNA is the perfect phone minus the battery.

Just to add, the MaxxHD is very appealing to the corporate world because of its extremely impressive Batt life...I think the numbers on that side of the house will be much better.

lazarus2297

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Just a note here my wife has an iPhone 5 and with her use which I consider light to moderate (normally under 1Gb a month) if she isn't on WiFi her phone barely makes it and days that she does have heavy use she has to charge midday.. (actually I should say she *should* charge midday.. but normally forgets..)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
It makes both of them look like toys but that's the only good thing about the DNA lol.

The Nottinator

Oh please.. can we all stop with the hyperbole? Are we a bunch of 12 year-olds here? It is possible to put a bit more thought into responses, which in turn can actually help other users. Statements like "makes both of them look like toys" and "the only good thing" are silly and not particularly helpful. Reports are that the DNA has better call quality and GPS than the Samsungs, is more pocketable than the Note 2, for sure, many like the camera on the DNA better (though that is about a toss up I think), though the DNA has a much better front-facing camera than the Samsungs, etc, etc. The DNA also is probably somewhat faster overall, has better benchmarks, has a faster GPU, etc if you care about that for gaming.. The Samsungs have things going for them too for sure.

For the folks who actually have both on hand (the DNA and either the S3 or note 2) just about all have preferred the DNA screen. Gizmodo had a knee-jerk "review" of the screens comparing 1 line of text and making a judgement, but if you know Gizmodo, I wouldn't put much stock into anything they "review". In this case, they did deem it better than the Samsungs.

I have a gnex and am ready for a non-amoled screen to be honest.

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Oh please.. can we all stop with the hyperbole? Are we a bunch of 12 year-olds here? It is possible to put a bit more thought into responses, which in turn can actually help other users. Statements like "makes both of them look like toys" and "the only good thing" are silly and not particularly helpful. Reports are that the DNA has better call quality and GPS than the Samsungs, is more pocketable than the Note 2, for sure, many like the camera on the DNA better (though that is about a toss up I think), though the DNA has a much better front-facing camera than the Samsungs, etc, etc. The DNA also is probably somewhat faster overall, has better benchmarks, has a faster GPU, etc if you care about that for gaming.. The Samsungs have things going for them too for sure.

For the folks who actually have both on hand (the DNA and either the S3 or note 2) just about all have preferred the DNA screen. Gizmodo had a knee-jerk "review" of the screens comparing 1 line of text and making a judgement, but if you know Gizmodo, I wouldn't put much stock into anything they "review". In this case, they did deem it better than the Samsungs.

This.

Each device has its merits. I too am ready for a LCD display. I never noticed until I held Nexus next to a One X how much better the screen was. And also, my screen is starting to show burn in.

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

I see nothing wrong with my post, hyperbole aside, as I'm only 12!

And, he only asked about the screen.....

I'm buying the Verizon Note 2......someday........when they actually are released.

;)

The Nottinator

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12