I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!

marcusjpitts

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
The two Verizon stores in my area don't have any, and said they wouldn't get any demo models until the 21st.

So it's best to pre order and wait to receive it in the mail instead of just going into Verizon or best buy? I thought the stores would have them in stock on launch day.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

DarkScythe

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
So it's best to pre order and wait to receive it in the mail instead of just going into Verizon or best buy? I thought the stores would have them in stock on launch day.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

The store near me said they'd actually get them in stock on the 21st, so I'm not sure. Probably they're aiming to get them on the 20th/21st, but there will be delays in some stores due to shipping, I guess.
I'm holding off until I can play with one in a store before I make the jump, though.

michael4man

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
So even if you root you can't turn it to CDMA? I thought all phones had that function. Wow, that sucks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

No, you still can if you are rooted, the reason the newer phones don't have this option in the settings is because Verizon had them remove it more than likely. It is actually cheaper for Verizon to have your phone on their 4G network than it is to be on the 3G network. This is just like when they have your phone continually remind you to turn on WiFi for data.
If you root and put a custom ROM on your phone such as CyanogenMod the option should return.
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

michael4man

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know when this should be on display in most Verizon stores? Will it only be on launch day?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Verizon stores don't usually put out their demo units till launch day so I doubt you will see it till then, its rare but some times Best Buy puts out their demo units(that is if they actually get a working demo unit) a day or two early.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

ptb127

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
What cloud service would you use to help negate the local SD storage possible issue? Especially for music? the google music player/cloud is out, I tried it and I didn't like it

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
What cloud service would you use to help negate the local SD storage possible issue? Especially for music? the google music player/cloud is out, I tried it and I didn't like it

Amazon MP3 is another good option for Music.

Sent from my SCH-I535

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

I set up my own cloud server. Very easy and only cost me $200. Now I have a terabyte available from anywhere and it's 100 % free. The software isn't amazing for music but u can easily drag play lists to the drive. Check out this video on how to do it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QopyTVucD-I&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

bsSkunkApe

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
That's pretty nice. Are there any other services that are similar to this?

Edit: Did a little searching and it appears that WD, Netgear, Dlink, and I'm sure others have similar products. Will have to evaluate all of these to see who's is best. Thanks for posting that video!

Last edited:

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
That's pretty nice. Are there any other services that are similar to this?

Edit: Did a little searching and it appears that WD, Netgear, Dlink, and I'm sure others have similar products. Will have to evaluate all of these to see who's is best. Thanks for posting that video!

I think the Seagate unit itself doesn't really matter but I am hoping that there are better apps for playing music etc. But streaming movies works incredibly well even on data. Plus you can share files with anyone just like on Dropbox.

ubigred

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I would say all day is 8am until midnight. No one should ask for more than that with moderate use. Meaning around 5 hours of on screen time. This is my goal.

8am to Midnight???

You're not using your phone then... at all.

Sent from my SGS3!

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
8am to Midnight???

Sent from my SGS3!

Ya 8am to midnight is crazy. I couldn't make that with my sg2 with extended battery. If I could make it from 130pm to about 4am without even thinking about a charger I'd be happy. If I didn't have to pay Verizon $120+ a month I'd be all over the maxx HD

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
droid life just finished their review of the DNA. seems like they were pleased with the battery life :)
http://www.droid-life.com/2012/11/19/htc-droid-dna-review/

just for reference, they also just finished their review for the nexus 4. doesn't seem like they liked the battery life on the nexus as much
http://www.droid-life.com/2012/11/19/lg-nexus-4-review/

That's because the N4's battery is the same size as the DNA for the most part. Surprisingly no rocket science here. Big screen and data and gps means drain. Add a game and you're out of luck.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
8am to Midnight???

Sent from my SGS3!

I'm not sure if you are saying my comment made sense or was unreasonable. I just want to get these numbers I'm not saying I get them.

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
That's because the N4's battery is the same size as the DNA for the most part. Surprisingly no rocket science here. Big screen and data and gps means drain. Add a game and you're out of luck.

I thnk I found someone who is as passionate about battery life as I am! :D

hotmonkas

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

Well according to the reviews, even though they have about the same sized battery and the DNA has a bigger screen than the Nexus, the DNA still got better battery life. They said they never once got over 15 hours with the nexus on a single charge. With the DNA they averaged over 21 hours per charge. They tested both for multiple days too. That's a huge difference in my opinion. And I don't think 21 hours average per charge is bad at all.

rfmike

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
I agree with what Phil said on the last pod cast. 116. There is a difference between. Battery efficiency and battery compacity and battery build.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Well according to the reviews, even though they have about the same sized battery and the DNA has a bigger screen than the Nexus, the DNA still got better battery life. They said they never once got over 15 hours with the nexus on a single charge. With the DNA they averaged over 21 hours per charge. They tested both for multiple days too. That's a huge difference in my opinion. And I don't think 21 hours average per charge is bad at all.

They all said the One X was pretty good too but it sucks. The S3 is average at best. The N4 is average at best. The DNA is average (maybe). The ip5 is average. The Razr maxx is good.

I want good on a top end phone. Call me selfish.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC