Htc fans unite!! (read my manifesto)

natenrb9

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
WE NEED TO GET THIS TO CEO: PETER CHOU

Ok, I am a smartphone aficionado, and I love everything technology. My friends even refer to me as The Technologist. HTC has the best android phones and android overlay (HTC sense), but your recent "flagship" phones have missed a few crucial elements, and your whole release model (which carriers get which phones) just has problems.

HTC's recent profits have seen huge hits, your sales are far lower than last year. Here is what you need to do to turn HTC around:
1. Low storage, low ram, or too small a battery. These are easy fixes. Any new phone should have 32gb, flagships should have 64gb (especially if no sd card slot...). It should have at least 2GB of RAM (pretty big fail with the OneX+). Battery should be of sufficient size to give you battery life that lasts the entire day (obviously will differ depending on screen, cpu, etc.). These are the areas where the One X failed...if these key elements (along with #2) had been taken care of, you could have seen exponentially different sales for the One X, and it could have been a real contender to the Galaxy S3.
2. You need to release your phones on every carrier as the same model. DO NOT do anymore of these carrier specific phones. Just look at Samsung's success with the Galaxy S3. They released the same phone on all carriers, so they could do all branding/marketing for ONE phone with ONE name. And look, it is the best selling smartphone, even beating out the iphone 4s or iphone 5.
3. The HTC DNA is ALMOST the most amazing phone ever released... PLEASE release a version on AT&T with just 2 changes: upgrade to 64gb and give it a bigger battery. Then release it on ALL carriers everywhere with the SAME NAME. This phone will sell through the roof!

HTC has so much potential, if only the above missteps can be rectified...you can easily overtake samsung. Your phones are superior in almost every way, unfortunately these few key things you are missing are killing your sales, market, and company. I would love to talk to someone and help give more advice on the things mentioned above and many other things that will completely change HTC as a brand and turn it into the powerhouse smartphone manufacturer it has the potential to be.

We need HTC to succeed. The android smartphone world cannot be ruled by Samsung. And the superior Android platform needs to start taking market from Apple and the iPhone...HTC has the potential to make this happen.

COMMENT ON THESE FACEBOOK THREADS:
PLEASE PASS ON TO... | Facebook

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Serious question. Do you honestly think that a board of directors as well as the CEX's of HTC don't already know these things that you're "proposing" to them?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
WE NEED TO GET THIS TO CEO: PETER CHOU

Ok, I am a smartphone aficionado, and I love everything technology. My friends even refer to me as The Technologist. HTC has the best android phones and android overlay (HTC sense), but your recent "flagship" phones have missed a few crucial elements, and your whole release model (which carriers get which phones) just has problems.

HTC's recent profits have seen huge hits, your sales are far lower than last year. Here is what you need to do to turn HTC around:
1. Low storage, low ram, or too small a battery. These are easy fixes. Any new phone should have 32gb, flagships should have 64gb (especially if no sd card slot...). It should have at least 2GB of RAM (pretty big fail with the OneX+). Battery should be of sufficient size to give you battery life that lasts the entire day (obviously will differ depending on screen, cpu, etc.). These are the areas where the One X failed...if these key elements (along with #2) had been taken care of, you could have seen exponentially different sales for the One X, and it could have been a real contender to the Galaxy S3.
2. You need to release your phones on every carrier as the same model. DO NOT do anymore of these carrier specific phones. Just look at Samsung's success with the Galaxy S3. They released the same phone on all carriers, so they could do all branding/marketing for ONE phone with ONE name. And look, it is the best selling smartphone, even beating out the iphone 4s or iphone 5.
3. The HTC DNA is ALMOST the most amazing phone ever released... PLEASE release a version on AT&T with just 2 changes: upgrade to 64gb and give it a bigger battery. Then release it on ALL carriers everywhere with the SAME NAME. This phone will sell through the roof!

HTC has so much potential, if only the above missteps can be rectified...you can easily overtake samsung. Your phones are superior in almost every way, unfortunately these few key things you are missing are killing your sales, market, and company. I would love to talk to someone and help give more advice on the things mentioned above and many other things that will completely change HTC as a brand and turn it into the powerhouse smartphone manufacturer it has the potential to be.

We need HTC to succeed. The android smartphone world cannot be ruled by Samsung. And the superior Android platform needs to start taking market from Apple and the iPhone...HTC has the potential to make this happen.

COMMENT ON THESE FACEBOOK THREADS:

1. 8GB/16GB/32GB seem fine. You don't know how the 2020 mAh battery is going to perform yet. I'm pretty sure I heard Alex Dobie say that the One X+ doesn't have the "multitasking issue" that the One X has.

2. HTC is not Samsung. HTC is not Apple. I seriously doubt they have the clout to make those types of demands with carriers.

3. What if Verizon has some of exclusive with the DROID DNA design in the US? :)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Serious question. Do you honestly think that a board of directors as well as the CEX's of HTC don't already know these things that you're "proposing" to them?

I think the serious question is: has HTC done their market research?

Going by what people like Phil Nickinson post when they talk about their trips to HTC, I'd say yes.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Oy vey. Maybe we can all calm down and wait on reviews of actual battery life before posting childish Facebooks rants, just a thought... Also, I bet HTC would want to do more of what Samsung does (release great devices on all carriers), it's just not all in their power at the moment to do so. There are nuances and some complexity with that sort of thing (translation: They probably would if they could)

natenrb9

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I think the serious question is: has HTC done their market research?

Going by what people like Phil Nickinson post when they talk about their trips to HTC, I'd say yes.

If they are, it isn't working. Again, net profits and sales have taken a huge hit. The only thing that matters is results.
HTC announces Q3 2012 financials, net profit down again to $137 million -- Engadget

HTC is ALMOST, making the best Android phones available. By just fixing a few key things, their phones will far out class Samsung and any other android manufacturer.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site

Contrary to your opinion, I think Samsung would respond by saying they would absolutely love to rule the Android world.

And Android handset activations greatly outnumber iPhone activation numbers, so market share is in Android's favor with handsets already. The tablet world is a different story, but HTC doesn't have any players in that market.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
If they are, it isn't working. Again, net profits and sales have taken a huge hit. The only thing that matters is results.
HTC announces Q3 2012 financials, net profit down again to $137 million -- Engadget

HTC is ALMOST, making the best Android phones available. By just fixing a few key things, their phones will far out class Samsung and any other android manufacturer.

HTC is still making money though. They're not losing (yet). They're just not making as much as they used to.

And it doesn't matter if HTC makes what you think are (or could be) the best Android phones available, phones that supposedly "out-class" what Samsung is doing. HTC will need to put the marketing muscle behind those products. This then goes back to the "HTC doesn't have the clout that Samsung and Apple have" argument - they'll probably need their carrier partners to pitch in with that, which means DROID- and EVO- branded phones.

natenrb9

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Oy vey. Maybe we can all calm down and wait on reviews of actual battery life before posting childish Facebooks rants, just a thought... Also, I bet HTC would want to do more of what Samsung does (release great devices on all carriers), it's just not all in their power at the moment to do so. There are nuances and some complexity with that sort of thing (translation: They probably would if they could)

Did you read the whole manifesto...? Apparently not, the battery was but 1 small portion of my post.

Enough with excusing things because the carriers have too much power. There is no way HTC has to bow to everything they demand, and there is no way this is the cause of too low of RAM, too low of on board memory, or too small a battery...

natenrb9

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
HTC is still making money though. They're not losing (yet). They're just not making as much as they used to.

And it doesn't matter if HTC makes what you think are (or could be) the best Android phones available, phones that supposedly "out-class" what Samsung is doing. HTC will need to put the marketing muscle behind those products. This then goes back to the "HTC doesn't have the clout that Samsung and Apple have" argument - they'll probably need their carrier partners to pitch in with that, which means DROID- and EVO- branded phones.

That is ok, FIX the small key problems, and then MARKET these new amazing phones like crazy!

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
HTC chose to try and execute a different business strategy than Samsung and apple, unfortunately it hasnt turned out the way they wanted. In order to try and execute a new strategy they need more market power, not necessarily share. And there are a lot more things that go into obtaining market power than just the products a company produces. They do market research, the know what has been working for other companies. There Are just a lot of factors that the outside people looking in are unaware of.

Like Phil has implied, who's to say for certain that HTC wasn't strong armed into making certain decisions with some of their phones?

natenrb9

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
People, this thread is not to propagate excuses to help explain why HTC might be doing what they are doing.

We want to help HTC be the best they can be!! Post things that will help HTC realize the changes they need to make!!

natenrb9

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Contrary to your opinion, I think Samsung would respond by saying they would absolutely love to rule the Android world.

What is the world does this mean?? Of course Samsung wants to rule the Android world. But we can't let that happen, we need HTC to succeed to keep stimulating innovation and competition!

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Oy vey. Maybe we can all calm down and wait on reviews of actual battery life before posting childish Facebooks rants, just a thought... Also, I bet HTC would want to do more of what Samsung does (release great devices on all carriers), it's just not all in their power at the moment to do so. There are nuances and some complexity wth that sort of thing (translation: They probably would if they could)

Mazel Tov!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Did you read the whole manifesto...? Apparently not, the battery was but 1 small portion of my post.

Enough with excusing things because the carriers have too much power. There is no way HTC has to bow to everything they demand, and there is no way this is the cause of too low of RAM, too low of on board memory, or too small a battery...

Actually, HTC does have to bow to carrier demands somewhat.

Samsung and Apple have created lines that people want - basically transcending the carriers. How many units are these two pushing? I'm pretty sure Apple alone (taking the lesser of the two by volume) sells more units than HTC. Samsung and Apple can both make a "take it or leave it" stance with the carriers.

HTC on the other hand can be easily replaced (by volume) with an LG or a Motorola or even a ZTE or Huawei.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
People, this thread is not to propagate excuses to help explain why HTC might be doing what they are doing.

We want to help HTC be the best they can be!! Post things that will help HTC realize the changes they need to make!!

I do admire your enthusiasm to try and help. In my opinion it's just wasted air. However, I guess there is really only one way to find out.

natenrb9

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
HTC chose to try and execute a different business strategy than Samsung and apple, unfortunately it hasnt turned out the way they wanted. In order to try and execute a new strategy they need more market power, not necessarily share. And there are a lot more things that go into obtaining market power than just the products a company produces. They do market research, the know what has been working for other companies. There Are just a lot of factors that the outside people looking in are unaware of.

Like Phil has implied, who's to say for certain that HTC wasn't strong armed into making certain decisions with some of their phones?

First of all, I am actually from Corvallis, so go Beavers!!

Valid statement, but now it is time for HTC to change their strategy. It is clearly not working. They are losing market share daily.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01