Droid DNA Cases

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I'm fascinated by this conversation. I would love to see what this looks like if someone can snap a pic of a screen with a blue spot...

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA via Tapatalk 2

I will add one as soon as my lady gets here with her iiiphne sorry I can't never say that right lol

HTC DNA

bratt23

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I've had the Verizon case since day one, a month, had its good points, stand, which I used sometimes for a better hold on the phone, put your fingers thru it while holding, can't drop it. I don't think it had much protection. I then purchased the incipio faxion. It looks very nice on the phone but had trouble with the power button, it lifted my screen saver on the corners and the charger was a little too thick for the case opening so it was always losing connection. On to the incipio dual pro. a little bulkier than the others but no problems with power button or charger opening. the yellow and gray looks nice and I feel it is better protected.

rew001

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I have had the Seidio Surface for a couple days now. Overall I love it. It doesn't add alot of bulk. It installs easily, and has a nice tight fit. (Btw if you have installed an edge to edge screen protector like the ZAGG invisishield, this case will work. You just have to push down on the surface of the phone and sort of pull up on the case as you slide it on.) It's got that same soft touch that I like from Seidio. It's got the notification cut-out on the back of the phone. It works with my Qi charger. If there is one negative, and this is true with all Seidio Surface cases I've owned, the power and volume buttons are not covered.

On the other hand, the Poetic Atmosphere hasn't impressed me as much. The rubber material on the sides of the case are slightly separated from the harder plastic on the back. The bits down by the charging port don't fit tight. The case feels cheap. No felt liner like the Surface. Doesn't fit as tight either. The translucent back would be cool, except for the way the DNA has the IEMI as a dumb sticker stuck to the back of the phone. Looks silly with the Atmosphere installed. I do, however, like how the Atmosphere covers the power and volume buttons, so +1 for that.

I'm waiting on the red Surface so I can change it up every once in a while.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

heveymetil

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Just some pics of my Ballistic shell case that I posted in some other thread; supposedly 'drop resistant' for about 8 feet, but certainly heavy; though, button access is great, it grips nicely in your hand, and isn't as bulky as it could be.

I took my DNA out of the case earlier tonight and forgot how incredibly slim, light, and aesthetically pleasing it is on its own. Maybe when my new owner's paranoia settles down I can settle for a slim case :).

//EDIT: so I know this thing works. I stepped out of the car and forgot my DNA was in my lap--landed face-down on concrete without a scratch or software issue. To be fair, the drop was only like 2-3 feet, but without the case I'm sure the screen would have cracked.

Can you confirm if the Ballistic SG case works with wireless charging - and if so, what charging pad you are using??

Wingznut

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Can you confirm if the Ballistic SG case works with wireless charging - and if so, what charging pad you are using??
My wife is currently using the SG, and it works fine with both our Verizon branded LG and Energizer charging pads.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk

heveymetil

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
My wife is currently using the SG, and it works fine with both our Verizon branded LG and Energizer charging pads.

Thanks, Wingznut.

I'm looking to get the Ballistic SG Maxx, which to me appears to be the same as the SG, with the addition of holster, so this is good news for my Energizer pad. Does it charge a bit slower w/ the case than without?

Wingznut

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, Wingznut.

I'm looking to get the Ballistic SG Maxx, which to me appears to be the same as the SG, with the addition of holster, so this is good news for my Energizer pad. Does it charge a bit slower w/ the case than without?
No, the speed is no different, at least nothing noticeable. The only difference is that the placement on the pad is a little more particular. But that's not a feature unique to the Ballistic. :cool:

SphincterBoy

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I have always purchased incipio for all my phones.

I just received the Incipio Feather. It's quite thin and doesn't wrap around the front edge, but it does elevate the screen off of a flat surface when placed face down. The feel is much like the phone, but a bit slicker. Something I hope will change as it ages.

ericlc2

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm waiting on some cases that have a cut out for the rear notification light. The poetic Atmosphere has one which I currently use but the edges are starting to separate from the back so it bugs me.. lol..

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Let me know how it is when you get a chance. I'm getting mine on Monday. Thanks.

It is fantastic. Exactly what I wanted and waited for. Feels just like it did on my Bolt - the same fit, the same grip, everything. NOW I feel like my DNA is protected. I wish all the other ones I bought felt this good!

Of course, all of that said, I could do without the addon kickstand. I've always thought the kickstands were ridiculous, and this is no different. If they make a version without it I'll pick that up for sure.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
It is fantastic. Exactly what I wanted and waited for. Feels just like it did on my Bolt - the same fit, the same grip, everything. NOW I feel like my DNA is protected. I wish all the other ones I bought felt this good!

Of course, all of that said, I could do without the addon kickstand. I've always thought the kickstands were ridiculous, and this is no different. If they make a version without it I'll pick that up for sure.

I hit "send" to fast on the above.

I should add that the soft feel and click action of both the power button and the volume rockers are PERFECT. MUCH better than every single other case I've tried. Also, there IS a cutout on the back for you fans of that rear notification light!

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

Cool. Thanks for the feedback. I like this Poetic case, but it can't compare to the Active case I had on the Bolt.