Droid DNA Cases

TriangleZ

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for crappy pics, I wanted to take these before I went to work. My girlfriend bought the white version of the nilikin case and it does look real nice. I do think its a bit too smooth on the back, but it might get grippy after it gets dirty.

IMAG0112 by WiL11o6, on Flickr

IMAG0113 by WiL11o6, on Flickr

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for crappy pics, I wanted to take these before I went to work. My girlfriend bought the white version of the nilikin case and it does look real nice. I do think its a bit too smooth on the back, but it might get grippy after it gets dirty.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8071/8263061667_fa2ce004a0_c.jpg
IMAG0112 by WiL11o6, on Flickr

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8222/8263061031_1864b133de_c.jpg
IMAG0113 by WiL11o6, on Flickr

Wow. Looks so nice. Still looks like little protection. I still ordered one !

emanuelm123

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site

tg63922

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I bought the Otterbox Commuter and hated it. Like others have said, the back was way too slick and the fit on it wasn't great. The sleep button was also really hard to press. I did think that it protected the phone well. A few days after getting the Commuter I ordered the Diztronic case that a few others have suggested. Like the commuter, it doesn't have a spot for the notification light but overall I like it more. The top button is much easier to press and I think it fits the phone a lot better. It probably doesn't protect it as much, but since the back isn't nearly as slick its probably a lot less likely that I'll drop it. I didn't have any issue with the existing screen protector unlike someone else who commented with an issue.

If you are looking to drill a hole for the notification light, here are the measurements I took off my phone. I'm confident in them, but of course you should check my work.

Center of notification light to outside of red ring:
JaA2H.jpg

Center of notification light to center of camera lens:
6AoyX.jpg

Also, does anyone else have this issue? I had it on both the cases: the speaker grille isn't centered within the cutout.
gkNA6.jpg

jfoofoo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Got my Diztronic case yesterday. So far I'm really liking it.

Send from my DNA

I just got it today and I have to say it has exceeded my expectation in every way. I especially love how it feels in hand, the power button is much easier to push now. I would have paid double for a case.

jiwengang

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site

I tried a bunch. I still this one above is way better. comparing to Verizon Silicon case. or Body Glove etc.

I don't like those cases that go way too far to present their own design, rather than simply being a case, to show the phone's design.

Last edited:

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
AAAAAHHHHHHH. I thought Gorilla Glass meant something? I guess that's the major disadvantage to having a device with virtually no bezel. I'm notoriously clumsy with my phones--do you think a screen protector is worth covering up that beautiful screen?

Deciding betweenL
-the Body Glove case - $15 thru Sears or Amazon.
-the Ballistic Shell case - $22 thru Ebay
-the Ballistic Life Style case - $19 thru Ebay

I think I'm leaning towards the shell case. Anyone have any of the above cases? What do you think of them?

Last edited:

rfmike

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
AAAAAHHHHHHH. I thought Gorilla Glass meant something? I guess that's the major disadvantage to having a device with virtually no bezel. I'm notoriously clumsy with my phones--do you think a screen protector is worth covering up that beautiful screen?

Deciding betweenL
-the Body Glove case - $15 thru Sears or Amazon.
-the Ballistic Shell case - $22 thru Ebay
-the Ballistic Life Style case - $19 thru Ebay

I think I'm leaning towards the shell case. Anyone have any of the above cases? What do you think of them?

Go with the Ballistics and you won't need to worry. Now if your really bad about dropping you're phone. I would go with outer box.

Sent from My HTC DNA via the Forms App.

1dtb

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I used the body glove case last night. One piece, grips phone well, feels good in hand.
Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

1dtb

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I did not think it was to bad, I am not sure our ideas are the same in this regard. I am used to the DNA naked so when I said not to bad I mean I could live with it but I am in no hurry to get a case and I may not.

8100User

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I was looking at that case...I would like to see pics and hear your thoughts once you received it if you don't mind.

I just received the Ballistic LS Smooth case. I previously received the Diztronic case.

The Ballistic Life Style case is made of a grey TPU, which lacks the soft touch feel of the Diztronic case. Perhaps it's the fact that the Diztronic case is almost completely smooth, and the Ballistic case has a textured feel to it. I'd have to guess that the Ballistic case would be less easily dropped, because of the textured back.

I also like the slight curves around the edges, on the back of the Ballistic case, as compared to the completely smooth back of the Diztronic case. The Ballistic case feels more narrow in the hand, to me, then the Diztronic. Not sure if that's accurate or not, but it does feel that way.

The Ballistic LS case comes with four different colored, interchangable corner bumpers, black, orange, teal and grey. I replaced the orange bumpers that came installed in the case, with the Teal bumpers. Not too gaudy, but it gives the case a little bit of style.Installing the bumpers is a little fidgety... you need to make sure you put them in right side up, and then you need to keep pressing on them, from the inside of the case, until the nub pops out and lays flat! I guess it's something most people won't be doing very often, but it is a little bit of a hassle.

Buttons... power button is covered with a raised button, and I find it MUCH easier to turn the DNA on and off, with the Ballistic case on. Volume buttons are also raised, and seem to work very well. The integrated power and volume buttons are much more pronounced, and easier to find by touch, then on the Diztronic case, but I didn't have any issues with the buttons on the Diztronic case, either.

Cut-outs for speaker, USB port, mic etc. are all there, and seem positions fine. The cut-out for the speaker seems to be positions a little bit low, or it's over cut, so that you do see not only the speaker but also just above the speaker when looking at the opening on the back, but this is the same with the Diztronic case.

Overall, it's a very nice case, and feels great in the hand! I think this case, for some reason, just feels nicer holding it then the Diztronic.

Honestly, I'm waiting for the Seidio cases to come out, so I purchased both of these simply to tide me over and protect the DNA until next month, when (I hope) Seidio releases their case. I've owned a couple of Seidio cases and really like them!

Feel free to ask any questions... Sorry for the quality of the photos, they were taken by my son, with his iPhone 5, under poor lighting conditions, and he was in a little bit of a rush! (hey... teenagers.....)

Both the Diztronic and Ballistic cases seem to charge via my LG inductive charging pad, without issue.

image%286%29.jpeg

image%285%29.jpeg

image%284%29.jpeg

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Just got the Ballistic Shell case, but haven't received my phone yet (short story: ordered thru Verizon, cancelled 1hr later to buy at Target; no email confirmations/updates/etc. box comes today, so I open it. 2 hrs later Fedex guy comes to pick it up. now I'm going to be charged restocking fees bc they never told me anything; and I have to wait a week for my upgrade to reset).

It's 2 pieces: one silicone shell, and a hard case; fairly thick but not terribly so (adds about 1/8"-1/4" thickness). Corners are slightly raised/rounded, such that the screen wouldn't touch a flat surface. Feels really rugged/sturdy in the hand, and claims to be drop tested for 8 feet or so. The silicone shell is actually very thin, so I'm wondering if it could be used as-is whenever I don't want the extra bulk.

I'd recommend it for anyone who wants more protection, as it's definitely not a slim case. I feel like it's probably good to own one of each, so I'll look out for a good slim case as well.
Untitled.png
(silicone piece; hard shell; both combined)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith