Droid DNA Cases

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I have power button issues also but love the case. I feel it protects the device exceptionally well and has a great build quality. The rubber and plastic line up perfectly and the rubber is in the needed locations (corners). It is difficult to put on as the older silicone/rubber blend became loose quickly. This should hold up better and stay firm. The plastic has a slight texture to it and makes it non slippery. The problem is not with the power button not lining up. Looks like the silicone mold had a defect, which I pointed out to the Otterbox people and will get a newer case sent out to me soon (already shipped 2 day air). The issue being that the area that presses onto the power button is not complete.
http://twitpic.com/proxy/web8/img/698183838-d35ef3372da125c80d9d70acbb63d7b2.50c12a78-scaled.jpg
http://twitpic.com/proxy/web12/img/698184245-c6fefc590a65875ca0c44bfb5894cda9.50c12a78-scaled.jpg

Well to each his own of course, but I have to say that the rubber being needed on the corners (instead of plastic) makes 0 sense. The corners take the worst beating, so they should have the strongest protection - a la how it's done on the Seidio Active case (plastic corner over rubber).

Oh, the texture in the back - completely insignificant in creating grip for my hands. The texture is on this semi-shiny plastic, so it's pointless. And I can place this case (with phone inside) and slide it right along a clean table like an air hockey puck. With the rubberized coating on the Seidio it's not as easily done.

But yes, I think this hulk skin (;-)) will protect me just fine until the Seidios come out. And now I guess I should pray they don't change the design of those. ;-)

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA via Tapatalk 2

jfoofoo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Good timing - just got mine about an hour ago.

Don't like it - at all. Perhaps I got spoiled by my Seidio on the Thunderbolt, but I am NOT a fan of this Otterbox Commuter. Here are my issues:

- Build quality doesn't feel good at all. Fit of the plastic shell to the rubber mold is not seamless.
- Plastic is slippery, not rubber-coated like Seidio. This LESSENS my grip on the phone as hold it - I had a better grip when the phone had no case at all. Up-side .. slips into and out of my pocket easily. But TOO easily.
- There's too MUCH plastic. Would rather feel the rubber through the sides as on Seidio model. AND this rubber is almost .. plasticky. ;-) Not as soft or supple as on the Seidio.
- VERY difficult to get on and off. Doesn't need to be this tough.
- The corners are bare rubber - not covered with the plastic shell. The rest of the phone IS covered though. Shouldn't that be the other way around? The Seidio Active case covers the corners with hard plastic. I feel like this plastic will protect, but not as strongly. Feel like impact vibrations will travel right through it to the phone inside.
- Power button doesn't seem to line up well to the button on the phone. Can take several presses to get the power to come on, and I can't feel the click of the phone button.

Nope, not a fan at all, but this will protect me until the Seidio cases come out. Once they do this thing comes off the phone (if I can get it off) and is relegated to backup ONLY.

I also just got mine today, and I can't say I love it.

It's bulkier than I expected, however there is no issue with wireless charging.
I agree with just about everything you mentioned here, besides he rubber corners. That did not bother me at all.
The most annoying thing about the case is the line up with the power button, sometimes it takes me a few try to turn the phone on or off.

I will be getting seidio active once it's out.. with the holster

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I will be getting seidio active once it's out.. with the holster

Right there with ya. I wanna form some sorta pact that the first person that hears that the Seidios are out reports back here! ;-)

jfoofoo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I left a message on their facebook to see if they have any eta for the case...
Those social media guys respond rather quickly, hopefully an eta will be provided.

ps. the case will show the rear notification light.

tuxly

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I tried to get eta from seido yesterday without any luck. I signed up for email notification of release info, however. They still have the motorola razr maxx hd and another razr case under development (as of yesterday) and those phones came out before the DNA. Makes me wonder if it will be longer than the 4-6 wks I recall when I got my original incredible (the last time I bought a phone on release day).

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I spoke with a Seido rep yesterday, via their online chat function.

She said 4-6 weeks... sounded like a pretty generic answer to when the DNA case would be available.

It does - hope it's wrong. Seems as if maybe they didn't get the phones dimensions as early as Otterbox did, which is a bit of a bummer.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I have the Diztronic and it's awesome. fit and finish is perfect. only thing i wish it had was a kickstand. :)

Tell me about the Diztronic, if you would? Same kind of approach (meaning rubber and plastic), or all rubber, or...?

AaronSimmons

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I just ordered the Diztronic case. After looking at most of them, I really like the looks of this one and it fits the needs I have for a case.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
All rubber no plastic. It's a matte finish and to me feels almost like the same as the DNA back.

Ah now that intrigues. The feel is critical to me... It's part of how you're "experiencing" your phone, and if it's not right, its not right. I LOVE the Seidio feel, but I'm not at all above having more than one case! I think I may check that one out.

Raiders Fan 223

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Anybody buy any screen protectors for the DNA? Based on the reviews, I am leaning towards the Diztronic case which doesn't come with a screen protector.

brshout

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Bought the Diztronic case also and waiting for is arrival. As for screen protectors, I always put Ghost Armor on my devices. I prefer the smooth feel of it, and their warranty service is great.... My two cents :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781