Droid DNA Cases

y2kirk1028

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Anybody buy any screen protectors for the DNA? Based on the reviews, I am leaning towards the Diztronic case which doesn't come with a screen protector.

I got the ArmorSuit screen protector with my Diztronic case. And let me just save everyone time and money who's thinking of getting a screen protector with this case.
While the ArmorSuit was nice and clear it covers from edge to edge with no gaps. I've tried as carefully as I can to put the phone in the case but every time the corners of the screen protector will lift up and peel away. I just got frustrated after a while and ripped the whole thing off. I recommend getting a screen protector with at least 2mm or more of a gap around the edges so the lip of the Diztronic case won't interfere with it. Lesson learned. :'( going bare screen for now until I find something suitable.

chickweedblur

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I ordered the Diztronic as well and in addition I also placed an order for this on ebay last week.
Have high hope for this one, I think I will like the texture on the case just hope it doesn't feel like cheap plastic.
Black Nillkin Ultra Thin Hard Cover Case for HTC Droid DNA X920E LCD Guard | eBay

This looks interesting thanks. I have the Diztronic and it's amazing for the money but I was looking for something a bit thinner. Unfortunately, I think most of these cases are not contoured to be thin at the edges the way the phone it. It's amazing how much bigger and bulkier the phone feels with the case on.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I also just received a s-line case that I bought on ebay. Its very nice, slim, and has a textured grip along the sides. Its alot slimmer then the diztronic case. The diztronic case is a little better made, but its to bulky for me. I feel that im going to use this one more. It was like 5.99 shipped.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
And cover up that beautiful screen???

Good point, and I've honestly felt that way about all my phones. I'll carry them on a wallet-style case, wrapped in a protector-style case.....but leave my screen alone. My eyes have been getting bad for years, don't go and add any blur! ;-)

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA via Tapatalk 2

8100User

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I also just received a s-line case that I bought on ebay. Its very nice, slim, and has a textured grip along the sides. Its alot slimmer then the diztronic case.

This is why I need to stay off these boards!

Haven't even received my Diztronic case yet, and your post egged me into purchasing an S-Line case!

Hey, I paid a whopping $2.99! Can't really complain...

Thanks for the heads up! Both cases are inexpensive enough that if I still decide to get a Seidio, I won't stress too much over it!

I also got the white/frosted S-Line, so perhaps the back LED will be visible.

VVoltz

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I bought this one last week, fantastic thin case which only issue is not having a hole for the notification light in the back, but that is fixable.
Nillkin Premium Matte Hard Cover Case LCD Guard 4 HTC Droid DNA Incredible X | eBay

100% recommended, quality is absolutely top notch

Edit: I actually read the following after posting.
This looks interesting thanks. I have the Diztronic and it's amazing for the money but I was looking for something a bit thinner. Unfortunately, I think most of these cases are not contoured to be thin at the edges the way the phone it. It's amazing how much bigger and bulkier the phone feels with the case on.
This case is really thin, barely noticeable, I would compare it with a Barely There one, and it is really light as well.

Last edited:

jiwengang

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I am selling mine on EBay. Check it out. It is quite slick...but I don't own DNA anymore...
Here is the link.

Some pictures to save your time. =)

$T2eC16N,!zUE9s389zFjBQw-YoWpYw~~60_57.JPG

$(KGrHqF,!pMFC3r,2fElBQw-ZjcfTg~~60_3.JPG

Last edited:

jfoofoo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I bought this one last week, fantastic thin case which only issue is not having a hole for the notification light in the back, but that is fixable.
Nillkin Premium Matte Hard Cover Case LCD Guard 4 HTC Droid DNA Incredible X | eBay

This case is really thin, barely noticeable, I would compare it with a Barely There one, and it is really light as well.

Still waiting for mine, can you share some pictures?

8100User

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Just ordered this Ballistic DNA Smooth case, from eBay.

It's currently available for about $19, over $10 less then the price on Ballistic's site. Looks like it should keep the phone narrow. I just don't want to put an Otterbox, or other three layer case over this phone and give up it's slim size.

If anyone's interested, I'm happy to provide a quick review when it arrives.

Comes with four different colored rubber corners.... only currently available in gray or pink.

$T2eC16FHJGQE9noMZKQ6BQwc3zDCkw~~60_12.JPG

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site

I LOVE the look of that case and I will probably buy one. However, it doesn't look like it will really provide all that much protection. Not all the sides are covered which would lead me to believe the case would have a tendency of popping off if dropped. Think this is a possibility or am i being paranoid? haha

VVoltz

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
It covers the corners which is 99% of what gets hit by a drop, it also has the screen edges elevated so you can lay the phone on a table and not worring on scratching the screen.Having the top and bottom fully accesible helps keep the phone at its original size and certainly helps when using headphones, I also bought a gel case from Verizon when I got the phone but I couldn't connect my Audio Technica monitor cans, that case also added a lot of bulk to the device. In short, for me this case has the exact balance of style and protection.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I LOVE the look of that case and I will probably buy one. However, it doesn't look like it will really provide all that much protection. Not all the sides are covered which would lead me to believe the case would have a tendency of popping off if dropped. Think this is a possibility or am i being paranoid? haha

I felt exactly the same way. Love how it looks, though overall protection seems minimal. I ordered one anyway, so I'll check it out.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
It covers the corners which is 99% of what gets hit by a drop, it also has the screen edges elevated so you can lay the phone on a table and not worring on scratching the screen.Having the top and bottom fully accesible helps keep the phone at its original size and certainly helps when using headphones, I also bought a gel case from Verizon when I got the phone but I couldn't connect my Audio Technica monitor cans, that case also added a lot of bulk to the device. In short, for me this case has the exact balance of style and protection.

Good to know. Its only ten bucks, so I'm probably going to pick one up. See how I like It

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
How's the body glove feel in the hand?

I like my body glove case. It feels pretty good in the hand. It takes about a day to get used to because of the ridges. You gotta find the groove that works best for your hand. Its still an extremely slim case too. The main thing is that I feel like the phone is really well protected because of those reinforced ridges. I know the phone won't slide out of my hand with this case and it makes the volume and power buttons much easier to operate. Plus I think it looks cool

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie