Droid DNA Cases

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Well the Otterbox is on it's way back to VZW. I could not take the deadened screen response. It drove me nuts all weekend.

I've since ordered 3 different pouch hosters from Amazon (Sorry Smartphone Experts, you don't have any for the DNA) and we'll see which one holds up.

1dtb

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I have a Case*Mate for My DNA. I have been using it for about two weeks, and I like it. Buttons work well once you get used to them. The case feels like the stock soft touch we have come to love. The case is a very sleek two price affair. Attach the face trim first, then the back snaps into place. The trim protects the glass while face down. The case is opens near the headphones jack and the charging port for trouble free access. I do not know if it works with wireless charging but I suspect it would because other cases do. The fit is top notch and I plan on using it for the life of the phone.

The case does not add any extra bulk. As I said sleek and user friendly.

Your phone is only as Smart as you are

8100User

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
What screen protector do you have with this case?

It's from a company called DayDeal. They have several, but the one I have is the dry apply Anti Glare one for the DNA. This particular screen protector does not go edge to edge, but it covers the entire portion of the screen that illuminates when phone is turned on, as well as the touch buttons, at the bottom of the screen.

This is the 2nd screen protector I've tried, and I like it alot. Resistant to smudges and fingerprints, which was my main objective after protecting the screen, while not diminishing the screens vibrancy much if at all. Any smudges that do appear wipe off easily!

Positives:
Dry apply
Hides fingerprints/smudges very well
No change in responsiveness of phone to touch

Negatives:
It is visible, outdoors, when the device is turned off. With device turned on, you really can't tell there is a protector on it. With DNA turned off, because the screen protector doesn't go right up to the right/left and top edges, you do see it. However, this also eliminates any issues of it getting damaged, when users try to put a case on the device, after protector has been installed.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

FD2

Shadow Lurker
Aug 9, 2009
Visit site
The incipio feather is amazing. Its light, its soft touch inside and outside. The fit is great. It almost feels like the device is naked and all buttons are exposed making unlocking the device extremely easy. Pics coming up tonight.

sp44

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Anybody find one that makes the stupid power button easier to use?!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Mario Fasolo

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know where to get a NON-MATTE hard plastic case? Something like the back of the Galaxy S3 and I see tons of iPhone cases like that, I just like a hard plastic case that isn't necessarily shiny, but has that kinda smooth texture...I really want a white one that just speaks class! lol. Thanks, I tried eBay but nothing!

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know where to get a NON-MATTE hard plastic case? Something like the back of the Galaxy S3 and I see tons of iPhone cases like that, I just like a hard plastic case that isn't necessarily shiny, but has that kinda smooth texture...I really want a white one that just speaks class! lol. Thanks, I tried eBay but nothing!

It's not shiny nor is it particularly smooth, but I think the Nilkin hard cover cases look pretty nice:
$(KGrHqN,!nsFCq7pK(bEBQuf1,WD2g~~60_12.JPG

They have a shiny, smooth one but it only comes in black, blue, and yellow (here). If you don't want something matte or textured, your best bet is to just go with a TPU case (e.g. here). IMO, since the DNA is black, an all-black case might look sleeker.

canesfan44

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping DaVinciCase dot com (etsy has a bigger variety of DaVinci cases for some reason) starts making cases for the DNA, but I doubt it. The have some really cool cases, and as an avid coral reef aquarist, I love the metallic star coral cases. Keeping with the coral reef aquarist theme, Reef Eden International makes some very nice cases. They use Casemate cases with high quality reef scenes/pictures printed on them. They don't sell any for the DNA yet, but they make them for the HTC One X & S and a few other phones, so I'm hoping they will eventually make some for my DNA.

Last edited:

FISH4RUDY88

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I have the Ballistic 'SG' case. The 'SG' from Ballistic stands for 'soft-gel' It isn't yet available on the Ballistic site, however you can order from a well trusted vendor on e-bay and I think you shall be more the happy.

DJR

tmus

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
The incipio feather is amazing. Its light, its soft touch inside and outside. The fit is great. It almost feels like the device is naked and all buttons are exposed making unlocking the device extremely easy. Pics coming up tonight.

Looking forward to pictures. How are you liking the case so far?

1dtb

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I got the Case Mate at my Mall. Sorry I can't be of more help. Can't understand why this case is not listed.

1dtb

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I looked and saw the retailer for the Case Mate is Cellular Sales. Very large retail outlet maybe find them online.

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Just some pics of my Ballistic shell case that I posted in some other thread; supposedly 'drop resistant' for about 8 feet, but certainly heavy; though, button access is great, it grips nicely in your hand, and isn't as bulky as it could be.

I took my DNA out of the case earlier tonight and forgot how incredibly slim, light, and aesthetically pleasing it is on its own. Maybe when my new owner's paranoia settles down I can settle for a slim case :).

//EDIT: so I know this thing works. I stepped out of the car and forgot my DNA was in my lap--landed face-down on concrete without a scratch or software issue. To be fair, the drop was only like 2-3 feet, but without the case I'm sure the screen would have cracked.

Attachments

• IMG950703.jpg
    IMG950703.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG950700.jpg
    IMG950700.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member